+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

BBC and guardian..first thing they talk about is not his character or policies but his skin colour, over which he has no control.

This stuff is so regressive.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68500807

Re: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Strange. I’d expect the Daily Mail to be making a point about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    BBC and guardian..first thing they talk about is not his character or policies but his skin colour, over which he has no control.

'The first black leader in wales' that's as far as it goes. Factually correct, and an important thing to mention. You'd have been having ****ing kittens when Obama was elected. Do us a favour Jim, stop posting when you're pissed.

who are you and how did you get in ? l'm black and i'm black

I hope he does a good job but his links to that dodgy donor are going to bite him on the arse

He is yet another ‘leader’ that has never worked in the real world ffs
    Trade union then AM in the assembly, fecked up all his previous roles, a health minister that never read the “what to do in a pandemic” guidelines , the man is a bumbling fool that uses his skin colour as an excuse, which is shameful. Won’t mention the bungs he took from kenwrights son re the coal exchange

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    He is yet another ‘leader’ that has never worked in the real world ffs
    Trade union then AM in the assembly, fecked up all his previous roles, a health minister that never read the “what to do in a pandemic” guidelines , the man is a bumbling fool that uses his skin colour as an excuse, which is shameful. Won’t mention the bungs he took from kenwrights son re the coal exchange
    He's a solicitor isn't he ?

Employment law solicitor

Partner at Thompsons

I know some lawyers are a bit lazy but that's the real world ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'The first black leader in wales' that's as far as it goes. Factually correct, and an important thing to mention. You'd have been having ****ing kittens when Obama was elected. Do us a favour Jim, stop posting when you're pissed.
    It's sad isn't it to see it described as regressive? It's for from it.

It's genuinely incredible to see Vaughn Gething making history as the first black leader of Wales, isn't it? It's like a fresh breath of air in Welsh politics, showing everyone that diversity and progress aren't just words—we're living them! And let's not forget, Gething isn't just any leader; he's one who's walked the challenging but rewarding path of a solicitor before stepping into this role. That's no small feat! It means he's grounded in real-world issues, understanding the intricate balance of law and life, which, let's be honest, is exactly what you want in someone steering the ship.

I had serious and important issues I was living and facing in Grangetown. They weren't just minor hiccups; they were major challenges that needed a thoughtful, effective response. And that's precisely what I got from Vaughn Gething and his team. It wasn't just about sending emails or making phone calls; it was about genuinely understanding the problem and actively seeking solutions. The kind of support I received was nothing short of outstanding, highlighting his commitment to really being there for the community.

This personal touch, this genuine willingness to help sort out significant issues, makes his leadership all the more admirable. It's one thing to lead from an office; it's another to be so connected and responsive to the community's needs. It shows he's not just about policies and politics; he's about people.

Isn't it inspiring to have someone like that at the helm? For young people in Wales, especially those of color, seeing Gething in such a prominent position must feel incredibly empowering. It sends a clear message: no matter your background, your dreams are valid, and your potential is limitless.

White posters carping about colour is not a good look. Describing it as regressive has overtones of discrimination. He won't like me saying it. I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Institution racism is what it is .

They should just say he's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I was tempted to reply to this but I’ll just have a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and watch some Futurama.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's sad isn't it to see it described as regressive? It's for from it.

It's genuinely incredible to see Vaughn Gething making history as the first black leader of Wales, isn't it? It's like a fresh breath of air in Welsh politics, showing everyone that diversity and progress aren't just words—we're living them! And let's not forget, Gething isn't just any leader; he's one who's walked the challenging but rewarding path of a solicitor before stepping into this role. That's no small feat! It means he's grounded in real-world issues, understanding the intricate balance of law and life, which, let's be honest, is exactly what you want in someone steering the ship.

I had serious and important issues I was living and facing in Grangetown. They weren't just minor hiccups; they were major challenges that needed a thoughtful, effective response. And that's precisely what I got from Vaughn Gething and his team. It wasn't just about sending emails or making phone calls; it was about genuinely understanding the problem and actively seeking solutions. The kind of support I received was nothing short of outstanding, highlighting his commitment to really being there for the community.

This personal touch, this genuine willingness to help sort out significant issues, makes his leadership all the more admirable. It's one thing to lead from an office; it's another to be so connected and responsive to the community's needs. It shows he's not just about policies and politics; he's about people.

Isn't it inspiring to have someone like that at the helm? For young people in Wales, especially those of color, seeing Gething in such a prominent position must feel incredibly empowering. It sends a clear message: no matter your background, your dreams are valid, and your potential is limitless.

White posters carping about colour is not a good look. Describing it as regressive has overtones of discrimination. He won't like me saying it. I don't care.
    F*ck it. I’m just gonna keep posting one I prepared earlier.

F*ck it. I’m just gonna keep posting one I prepared earlier.
    Why not, it's on the button. really positive to hear that you weren't palmed off by Gething and he helped you. It is important to mention his ethnicity, more so because it upsets LOM and Jim bob wales.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Give him a chance mun , he hasn't started yet

The first person of colour to lead any European country ?

That's pretty big news

Wether VG proves to be a good leader is yet to be seen but his appointment is big news , relatively speaking ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The first person of colour to lead any European country ?

That's pretty big news

Wether VG proves to be a good leader is yet to be seen but his appointment is big news , relatively speaking ?

Leo Varadkar, Humza Yousaf and Rishi Sunak are all people of colour and all currently leaders of European countries. And all unpopular with the electorate.

https://pro.morningconsult.com/track...eader-approval

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies....11-march-2024/

I’d think that VG will be similarly unpopular, not because of his skin colour, but because he is unrepentant about taking £200k from a man who has repeatedly been convicted of serious environmental crimes. And also his terrible performances during the pandemic and in the Covid enquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    Leo Varadkar, Humza Yousaf and Rishi Sunak are all people of colour and all currently leaders of European countries. And all unpopular with the electorate.

https://pro.morningconsult.com/track...eader-approval

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies....11-march-2024/

I’d think that VG will be similarly unpopular, not because of his skin colour, but because he is unrepentant about taking £200k from a man who has repeatedly been convicted of serious environmental crimes. And also his terrible performances during the pandemic and in the Covid enquiry.
    I meant Black

Those you mention are of Indian sub continent origin

I have already mentioned the 200k issue could be his nemesis

I meant Black

blackish his father is white

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    Well he's more black than you

Well he's more black than you
    i don't claim to be Black

i don't claim to be Black
    That's a moot point

Wow!

That's a moot point
    i claim to be lots of things but i haven't claimed to be Black ...... yet

I meant Black

As you probably know, I'm no longer into any Labour party politics so I've no axe to grind as far as Gething is concerned. The environmental saga worried me but I'm just going to speak from personal experience and others in Grangetown who have also been helped. Like you said earlier, let's give the bloke a chance.

As you probably know, I'm no longer into any Labour party politics so I've no axe to grind as far as Gething is concerned. The environmental saga worried me but I'm just going to speak from personal experience and others in Grangetown who have also been helped. Like you said earlier, let's give the bloke a chance.
    Give him a chance…to explain why he’s taken £200,000 from a criminal? It’s a terrible example for a leader to make before he’s even started! He’s legitimising crime funding politics ffs! There’s a lot of money to be made dumping waste illegally and some of this dodgy cash has propelled VG to be the leader of our country.

The knives are already out for this grinning creep

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-last-28832557

We are in massive trouble as a country with these clowns in charge.IMG_0769.jpg