+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'The first black leader in wales' that's as far as it goes. Factually correct, and an important thing to mention. You'd have been having ****ing kittens when Obama was elected. Do us a favour Jim, stop posting when you're pissed.
    No, it's the literal headline. And the United States has an entirely different history to us on this.

And I was pissed (off) on Saturday!

This is all massively regressive. Why are we endlessly saying that our skin colours is the most important thing?

What are his policies? Why not state the fact he has won and been elected? Why tie it to something he has no control over?

I'm glad he was elected. His skin colour is part of his history but has zero bearing over who governs our schools, hospitals, roads, economies etc

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No, it's the literal headline. And the United States has an entirely different history to us on this.

And I was pissed (off) on Saturday!

This is all massively regressive. Why are we endlessly saying that our skin colours is the most important thing?

What are his policies? Why not state the fact he has won and been elected? Why tie it to something he has no control over?

I'm glad he was elected. His skin colour is part of his history but has zero bearing over who governs our schools, hospitals, roads, economies etc
    We are not. People of colour regard it as pretty important considering centuries of white privilege and oppression. You're a white dude, right? There is no we. I'm a white dude. My wife's mother was South African, Cape Coloured/Malay. We're bystanders in this. You're being kind of naive or deliberately contrary if you don't get it. There's nothing regressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    We are not. People of colour regard it as pretty important considering centuries of white privilege and oppression. You're a white dude, right? There is no we. I'm a white dude. My wife's mother was South African, Cape Coloured/Malay. We're bystanders in this. You're being kind of naive or deliberately contrary if you don't get it. There's nothing regressive.
    We aren't saying it. Jim Bob just wants to believe that or spin it in a way that causes division. The only people causing that division are the ones who constantly tell us that it doesn't matter. Well, it does matter, for obvious reasons that don't need explaining if someone possesses half a brain cell. Things like this make Jimo and the rest of them angry, but they present themselves as being non-plussed by a black man doing something that not many Black people achieve or get the opportunity to achieve in this country. Their blase attitude to it (And everyone else should feel the same) attitude is a smpke screen for their own prejudices, it's a cover up, it's insulting, it's another attempt by White people to take control of other cultures or how people feel and completely dismissive of everything that has gone on before. Basically, it's right wing bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We aren't saying it. Jim Bob just wants to believe that or spin it in a way that causes division. The only people causing that division are the ones who constantly tell us that it doesn't matter. Well, it does matter, for obvious reasons that don't need explaining if someone possesses half a brain cell. Things like this make Jimo and the rest of them angry, but they present themselves as being non-plussed by a black man doing something that not many Black people achieve or get the opportunity to achieve in this country. Their blase attitude to it (And everyone else should feel the same) attitude is a smpke screen for their own prejudices, it's a cover up, it's insulting, it's another attempt by White people to take control of other cultures or how people feel and completely dismissive of everything that has gone on before. Basically, it's right wing bullshit.
    Well said.