+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City My Arse

Re: Bristol City My Arse

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I personally dislike Bristol City more than I dislike Swansea, I worked for a company and we had depots nationwide, I worked out of the Cardiff depot but we also had a depot opposite Cribbs in Bristol, having to speak to those f'ing nitwits regularly broke my brain, the arrogance from these bellends.

the love-in began at 15 years old when I was arrested on Ninian Park Road (with Robert Hicks RIP) after a Bristol City game, from then on I dislike everything about them, the arrogance, the songs they sing but most of all their voice, it goes through me.

in contrast most of the genuine Swansea fans i've worked with have been pretty fair, not afraid to give Cardiff credit during our decade of dominance and they're just happy to have a club to support after such a turbulent past.

maybe your view (SLUDGE) on Swansea comes from the area you grew up in, Cardiff is nearer to Bristol, plus they're English.

Swansea weren’t even on the radar when I was younger. They were a crappy team from West Wales that I probably favoured over Newport County whose fans used to give me stick, being close to Newport myself. Bristol City were the rivals and my dislike of them is etched in my brain. Swansea now as well of course - I find their obsession with us quite disturbing.

I feel a bigger bitterness towards Bristol and its seversnside badge due to past tussels , its Wales v England adds to that bite .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I feel a bigger bitterness towards Bristol and its seversnside badge due to past tussels , its Wales v England adds to that bite .
    There's a historical animosity towards the southern Welsh from Bristolians, especially the older ones. It stems from the depression years when facing massive unemployment many Welsh people went Bristol in search of work. The other point to make is that Bristol was always considered in business circles throughout the UK to be a City with folk with a village mentality - doing business there I can certainly vouch for that. Having said that, whilst the south Wales derby is the 'big one' for me, I don't have the animosity for the Jacks as I do for the Wurzels..

All these people saying Bristol but don't think I've ever heard an anti Bristol song at a cardiff game in 40 years. Whereas songs about swansea are several times every game home and away. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    All these people saying Bristol but don't think I've ever heard an anti Bristol song at a cardiff game in 40 years. Whereas songs about swansea are several times every game home and away. Odd.
    The classic advise of which side of the bridge you should shit on springs to mind .

I recall a few away days where the Brizzies chanted Aberfan at us, on a personal level that was enough for me to hate them on behalf of my Dad's old school, and past family connections .

Exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    7 years in the top flight and a trophy

You have swamp fever
    Get a girlfriend. It'll give you less time to think of idiotic rantings.

Answer the question. When we went up in 2003, and they were in division 4, were they dominating? It's a yes or no question. So "yes" or "no" will do. Cheers now.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The classic advise of which side of the bridge you should shit on springs to mind .

I recall a few away days where the Brizzies chanted Aberfan at us, on a personal level that was enough for me to hate them on behalf of my Dad's old school, and past family connections .
    when I mentioned in my post "the songs they sing" I was alluding to the Aberfan song, horrible bunch.

to Father Douglas, as for the number of songs for Swansea compared to Bristol, that alone doesn't equate to a deeper hatred, in fact I would say it's more playful, apart from the on-field shenanigans I don't even acknowledge Bristol City on match days.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Get a girlfriend. It'll give you less time to think of idiotic rantings.

Answer the question. When we went up in 2003, and they were in division 4, were they dominating? It's a yes or no question. So "yes" or "no" will do. Cheers now.
    That's 1 year

What sort of question is that ?

Swansea City have spent 7 years in the top flight in recent memory

And won the league cup

I think you have to be pretty stupid to think we have topped that

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Exactly !
    That's it really I think

Bullseye

I have the same feelings whoever we play wether it be Man city or Mansfield. Over the moon if we win or gutted if we lose, every team is the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I have the same feelings whoever we play wether it be Man city or Mansfield. Over the moon if we win or gutted if we lose, every team is the enemy.
    Well on a base level I think the belief that for 90 minutes , football is war , is a fair appraisal

It means a lot to us too
    Absolutely

It’s the youth in the canton singing though, for them it is swansea….

I can't read, I can't write....gets a bit of an outing.

I find it laughable when people try to suggest Bristol and not Swansea are our main rivals

It's actually quite embarrassing

And it makes us look so pathetic when we try to pretend it means more to them than us
    The atmosphere has turned raaaaathhhheeeer saaaauurrrrrr.

Disappointing season all round for both teams.

Back in the 70s, we used to sing "we hate Bristol City; we hate Swindon Town..."

(Swindon Town? ?? )

Swansea 2 divisions below us were never mentioned.
    Current rivalry is, well, current - only built up since the millenium, bmaybe, with the media eager to promote "the South Wales derby".

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Back in the 70s, we used to sing "we hate Bristol City; we hate Swindon Town..."

(Swindon Town? ?? )

Swansea 2 divisions below us were never mentioned.
    Current rivalry is, well, current - only built up since the millenium, bmaybe, with the media eager to promote "the South Wales derby".
    The 'song' you are referring to went like this, to the tune of 'Land of Hope & Glory':

We hate Nottingham Forest
    We hate Swindon too (and Bristol)
    We had Man Utd
    But Keee-aarrdiff
    We Love you

I was 10 years old when, with the help of my dad, I won a competition with Shredded Wheat. The prize was to spend the day with a 'top football team', join in with a training session and to have lunch with the players at a top restaurant.

I had been dreaming of a trip to one of the top teams' ground for weeks with my dad and the day finally came. Bristol fu**ing City!! The day was made somewhat brightened by a certain Bobby Gould's strop on the training pitch arguing with his team mates which continued into the restaurant. Gould was sat next to me and my dad while he told the manager, Alan Dicks, to repeatedly "fu** off". Whereupon my dad told him to "stop swearing in front of my son, shut up before I shut you up". Probably my favourite moment with my dad :)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I was 10 years old when, with the help of my dad, I won a competition with Shredded Wheat. The prize was to spend the day with a 'top football team', join in with a training session and to have lunch with the players at a top restaurant.

I had been dreaming of a trip to one of the top teams' ground for weeks with my dad and the day finally came. Bristol fu**ing City!! The day was made somewhat brightened by a certain Bobby Gould's strop on the training pitch arguing with his team mates which continued into the restaurant. Gould was sat next to me and my dad while he told the manager, Alan Dicks, to repeatedly "fu** off". Whereupon my dad told him to "stop swearing in front of my son, shut up before I shut you up". Probably my favourite moment with my dad :)
    Great story, I'm all for anyone who has a go at Gould.

International

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post

"shut up before I shut you up" that used to be a good saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The 'song' you are referring to went like this, to the tune of 'Land of Hope & Glory':

We hate Nottingham Forest
    We hate Swindon too (and Bristol)
    We had Man Utd
    But Keee-aarrdiff
    We Love you
    We never sang about Forest in the early 70s.

The first two lines of our version were anti - Bristol and Swindon.

You are very much in the minority
    You are probably right here. It doesn't stop me disliking the Wurzels with a vengeance and remain ambivalent at best about the jacks though

I quite like Bristol some nice birds there, and I definately like Bristols

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    We never sang about Forest in the early 70s.

The first two lines of our version were anti - Bristol and Swindon.
    That song did begin with hating Nottingham Forest. I should know, I sang it enough.