+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest traitors in football- cardiff nominations?

Re: Biggest traitors in football- cardiff nominations?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You mean the bloke that offered to come back to us first and we said no?
    Oh yes. Our club's history of doing the wrong thing goes back a long, long time..

Quite a few managers have left Cardiff to manage Swansea, and a few have left Swansea to manage Cardiff Cardiff born Terry Yorath left Swansea and later managed Cardiff for one

Kieffer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Listening to the latest overlap fan debate podcast with them discussing the biggest traitor move in football.

Eg sol Campbell spurs to arsenal on a free. Tevez man u to man City. Michael owen playing for man u as a Liverpool fan and legend.

What nominations would you give re cardiff? I'm actually struggling to think!
    Not Cardiff but I always thought Dennis Law's back heel for Man City against Man Utd must have felt like hell for him (although he was with Man City before he joined Man U earlier in his career he was always synonymous with United) https://youtu.be/e8HQhV3ujyg?feature=shared

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    John Toshack.
    This!!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Why is that traitorous? He didn't qualify for Wales and was never going to turn down that chance. Having a city play get capped for them was more of an honour then a let down surely?
    I said Bothroyd as a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    prolly because the moment Bothroyd put on a england shirt he stopped bothering for us (saving himself from injury) and waited for a PL club to approach him..
    ...but having read this, it's convincing me that perhaps he was a traitor

I liked Bothroyd and consider him as having one of the best techniques of any City player I've seen. He could hit a ball maybe even sweeter than Whitts. I was really proud that we had a player in an England shirt, even though it probably says more about the state of them at the time, having to go to the Championship for a never particularly prolific striker.