+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Silence is deafening TLG. My mate NCB makes loads of posts daily too so he's definitely seen my post...

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You conjure up a picture of an old fashioned school headmaster, standing in a long gown and mortar board with your bendy cane, waiting to give Mozzer a jolly good thrashing for daring to have a positive opinion when Bulut first took over the reigns. 😁
    He’d have you in detention for your spelling

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Start with COD on the left, Grant on the right, Colwill as 10 and Ralls alongside Siopis for a start

Keep Wintle and Bowler away from the squad
    You really have a downer on Wintle. Best player on the pitch by a country mile against Ipswich, a team destined for the Prem. You obviously don't like players that cover every inch of the pitch and can pass or cross. Put Ramsey in with him and Siopis and we would have a very decent Championship midfield. Ralls on the other hand appears to get a free ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You really have a downer on Wintle. Best player on the pitch by a country mile against Ipswich, a team destined for the Prem. You obviously don't like players that cover every inch of the pitch and can pass or cross. Put Ramsey in with him and Siopis and we would have a very decent Championship midfield. Ralls on the other hand appears to get a free ride.
    Wintle has one good game in 6, he’s overrated and I doubt any team in the top half of the Championship would have him in there squad.

Tell me when Wintle last broke up play, made incisive forward passes that split the opposition defence?

Cover every inch of ground? Are you pissed already, !!! He’s a ****ing donkey and lacks bottle

You might be happy to see someone robbing a living by masquerading as a footballer, I want to see someone batting and fighting to win the right to play football

Wintle is a absolute tosser and should be no where near the squad never mind the team after playing like a pussy last Saturday

He isn’t fit to wear the shirt

Wintle has one good game in 6, he’s overrated and I doubt any team in the top half of the Championship would have him in there squad.

Tell me when Wintle last broke up play, made incisive forward passes that split the opposition defence?

Cover every inch of ground? Are you pissed already, !!! He’s a ****ing donkey and lacks bottle

You might be happy to see someone robbing a living by masquerading as a footballer, I want to see someone batting and fighting to win the right to play football

Wintle is a absolute tosser and should be no where near the squad never mind the team after playing like a pussy last Saturday

He fits a very specific role, in a very specific formation. I can imagine he might be fine at Swansea.

Problem for us is he isn’t good enough defensively and doesn’t offer enough going forward. He’s not a bad player, he’s fine as a squad player but we need much better to progress

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He fits a very specific role, in a very specific formation. I can imagine he might be fine at Swansea.

Problem for us is he isn’t good enough defensively and doesn’t offer enough going forward. He’s not a bad player, he’s fine as a squad player but we need much better to progress
    I’d rather see Colwill jnr play the last eight games than Wintle
    I don’t want to see Bowler playing for us again either, complete Fanny

Totally agree. He scored against Ipswich with his first venture into their box. He can't defend and can't attack.

I’d rather see Colwill jnr play the last eight games than Wintle
    I don’t want to see Bowler playing for us again either, complete Fanny
    Colwill should be playing although I don’t see him as a Wintle replacement.

Id like to see Ralls and Turnbull have a go in midfield together. Turnbull looks uncomfortable upfront with meite-latey.

honestly..the wintle hate is crazy. he was so woeful in the first half of the season and nobody said a word! now he is finally coming good you lot snipe him with no justification. 6 months ago i wouldve been calling for his head right along with you lot! lol

Wintle is a "6" a defensive midfielder in today's parlance, he is not an "8" a box-to-box CM in old money.

Ralls is an "8" and was a very good top end championship "8", but he is not as instantly comfortable with the ball as Wintle, his first instinct is to get the ball forward even if it means giving it away, whereas Wintle is to shuffle it on.

Siopis is a thief, he steals balls but his incisive passing highlight reel is even smaller than him. He is never a 6 in the championship.

So for me its Wintle and two far more attacking players probably Colwill and Turnbull

Wintle and Sio should work in a double pivot but plainly does not

(IMO) Ralls is still our most effective midfielder but father time is catching up but we look better with him and Sio as two traditional CM's with a 10. Playing wintle in that position instead of Ralls hasn't worked. When Wintle looked good, there is a visible gap between him and the two CM's in front of him.

Also with Bulut being into inverted full backs moving into midfield do we even need a "6"?

Rubin Colwill should be starting every game

My point was that his brother, Colwill junior or jnr as I’ve posted, should be playing the next 8 matches to give him experience and help his confidence and development
    We have nothing to lose by putting a couple of youngsters in for the rest of the season

Bulut might have something to lose if he puts the youngsters in, we are shite and he doesn’t get his contract renewed at the end of the year.

Ultimately this is part of the bigger problem which is continuity and a plan at the club. Bulut might not be a great manager but while he’s managing like his job depends on a few wins, we’re never going to see him be adventurous and give the kids a chance. Bring in new manager and repeat the cycle all over again. Until we’ve got football men at the top it won’t change.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I think we are agreeing, but feel i am being pushed to defend something that i am not strongly opinionated on, my quest in here was to understand fans expectation, as most across the leagues want their manager sacked, surely not all managers are bad, you think they are with your last sentence.

We are team that has a reputation as being set piece, long ball and physical. I just don't think 1 season is enough to change that, would i give Bulut another season, yes, but because we need some continuity and stability and we are above my expectations in the league. Changing things takes time sometimes. I would have liked Lamouchi to have stayed as well, same reason.

We've seen the peoples/chairman's choices of "proper football" managers being hailed and hired only to fail, like Trollope, Solskjaer, Harris and Morison.

My point, lower your expectations because what you are looking for has not been seen since Lennie Lawrence.
    There has to be a team that scores the least goals from open play every season and there has to be one that scores the most set piece goals - the latter shouldn't be a bad thing, but, put it with the former and a certain picture starts to present itself. We're on course to be the least creative side from open play and the most effective from set pieces in the Championship this season - clearly, we're far from the divisions great entertainers.

I don't share your opinion that we have not seen "proper football" in the near twenty years since Lennie Lawrence was in charge. Dave Jones teams could be direct, but it could be definitely be argued that they needed more of the kind of physicality that City teams have been built on in the last decade or so - if anything, Jones' teams had too many "proper footballers" in them.

Four years ago, Neil Harris tried to change the way we played a bit and at least two others since then have had a go - all of them had to adjust their approach because we weren't good enough technically to play the sort of football we were trying to move towards. I find it ludicrous that there's has been a desire to shift to a way of playing that is more progressive and I would argue watchable over a four year period at the club and we appear to be no further forward in that goal than we were in 2020!

You might not mean it, but, in effect, what you're saying is that we've had four years of dreadfully boring, losing football at Cardiff City Stadium during this decade, but there's nothing which can be done about it because we're stuck with it - it's what we are.

As a stalker of this forum rather than a main contributor it always strikes me how romanticised football talked about on here with a large cohort. It's a brutal professional sport where every person is trying to raise their individual profile to gain larger contracts or just contracts.

Within the game, a multitude of interested professionals are monitoring every player and manager. They will write up reports that say whether Bulut has achieved more than the sum of the parts or not. He isn't going to go gung ho. He has improved us.

I agree it's dreadful, boring, attritional stuff but we are where we all hoped for at the start of the season, mid-table obscurity. Buluts' reputation has been enhanced, and so has NG's, Goutas, and maybe McGuiness other than that two fading stars in Rambo and Ralls, L1 CM's loaned out, no strikers at all. Grants has amazing work ethic, but £15 mill can't see too many top end champ clubs pestering Forest over Bowler and Colwill poses as many questions as answers. We will not be worried by summer raiders.

I just don't believe the wage bill figure knocking around socials and when Dalman referenced it for Roathboy I doubted it even more. Its a limited, attritional collection of players for an assault on the championship

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Which spelling mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Wintle is a "6" a defensive midfielder in today's parlance, he is not an "8" a box-to-box CM in old money.

Ralls is an "8" and was a very good top end championship "8", but he is not as instantly comfortable with the ball as Wintle, his first instinct is to get the ball forward even if it means giving it away, whereas Wintle is to shuffle it on.

Siopis is a thief, he steals balls but his incisive passing highlight reel is even smaller than him. He is never a 6 in the championship.

So for me its Wintle and two far more attacking players probably Colwill and Turnbull

Wintle and Sio should work in a double pivot but plainly does not

(IMO) Ralls is still our most effective midfielder but father time is catching up but we look better with him and Sio as two traditional CM's with a 10. Playing wintle in that position instead of Ralls hasn't worked. When Wintle looked good, there is a visible gap between him and the two CM's in front of him.

Also with Bulut being into inverted full backs moving into midfield do we even need a "6"?
    We have not once played well when Bulut does this, not once. Everyone needs a defensive midfielder. Also, 6 gets on my wick. Number 6 is a centre back, a 4 is the defensive midfielder.

Siopis and Wintle is the worst pairing. They offer nothing in possession. Anyway, if Bulut has any sense it should be Colwill, Ashford and Tanner as the 3 behind the striker from now on. Let's see what they're made of.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    As a stalker of this forum rather than a main contributor it always strikes me how romanticised football talked about on here with a large cohort. It's a brutal professional sport where every person is trying to raise their individual profile to gain larger contracts or just contracts.

Within the game, a multitude of interested professionals are monitoring every player and manager. They will write up reports that say whether Bulut has achieved more than the sum of the parts or not. He isn't going to go gung ho. He has improved us.

I agree it's dreadful, boring, attritional stuff but we are where we all hoped for at the start of the season, mid-table obscurity. Buluts' reputation has been enhanced, and so has NG's, Goutas, and maybe McGuiness other than that two fading stars in Rambo and Ralls, L1 CM's loaned out, no strikers at all. Grants has amazing work ethic, but £15 mill can't see too many top end champ clubs pestering Forest over Bowler and Colwill poses as many questions as answers. We will not be worried by summer raiders.

I just don't believe the wage bill figure knocking around socials and when Dalman referenced it for Roathboy I doubted it even more. Its a limited, attritional collection of players for an assault on the championship
    Yet no end of teams in all divisions working within the cut throat world of professional football play a more attractive brand of football than us despite having limitations put on them through the financial restrictions they have to operate under. Let’s be clear as well that, at home in particular, the last four years (the first of which would have seen us still receiving parachute payments) have seen football that has been unwatchable at times, it’s also been losing football in the main, although the recent run of victories might mean that we’d end up with more home wins than defeats for the first time since 19/20.

I don’t think we have the sixth biggest wage budget in the Championship either, but I can believe that it is significantly bigger than last season and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if our current position is around the same as where we stand in the wages table this season. So, sorry, I don’t buy the line that Bulut is some sort of miracle worker - for me, his record is one of playing counter attacking, set piece orientated football no matter how big the club is - unfortunately, the evidence of seven months of competitive football at Cardiff is that his sides also are very boring as well.

You conjure up a picture of an old fashioned school headmaster, standing in a long gown and mortar board with your bendy cane, waiting to give Mozzer a jolly good thrashing for daring to have a positive opinion when Bulut first took over the reigns.
    Well, here's the thing: as far as this board is concerned, Mozzer has been Bulut's cheerleader-in-chief since the minute he was appointed and back in September, after the victories over Swansea and Coventry, he was bumping old threads while attempting to take the piss out of me for daring to suggest it wasn't clear at that stage what Bulut's preferred style of play of was.

When Bulut was appointed, Mozzer was excited by what he believed was the manager's background in Futsal, although in fact he only played in one Futsal tournment for Turkey right at the end of his playing career when he was in his late-thirties. Nevertheless, the 'Futsal background' line is one Mozzer has repeated several times since.

In June, he boldly predicted we'd see an influx of players from Spain and Portugal as a result of Bulut's alleged Futsal roots, but that obviously didn't happen. He also claimed his 'research' had revealed that Bulut's team would produce "a high-intensity, Futsal style of football like nothing we have ever experienced at Cardiff before..."

By the time we'd got to late-August, he was saying he had believed all along that Bulut would be "looking to play a more expansive game," whatever that meant. In September, he claimed Bulut's preferred style of play involved "flooding the midfield and playing through the midfield," whatever that meant. And he was mockingly asking me if I was getting it yet, although he didn't state what 'it' was.

Before the season had even started, Mozzer was predicting Bulut would be the best Cardiff City manager in 30 years or more. Given his love of Futsal and his bold pre-season claims about Bulut's methods, you'd think he would be annoyed by the tedious rubbish City have been serving up in recent months, especially as it's the polar opposite of how he suggested the team would play. However, on the contrary, Mozzer is still seemingly entrenched in his view that Bulut was a brilliant appointment, which I find more than a little amusing.

Would you renew Buluts contract TLG or remove him? Im on the fence. But thats more to do with the clowns running the clubs ability to replace him with someone half decent.

Hes got us safe this season but thats mainly by getting us to be a force at set pieces again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Would you renew Buluts contract TLG or remove him?
    I'd get rid of him tomorrow. There's absolutely nothing I like about him. I've watched more than enough of his abysmal brand of football and I haven't seen anything yet to suggest it's likely to change significantly.

Initially, I thought Bulut was an intriguing appointment and, although the first couple of home performances against QPR and Sheffield Wednesday were dire, there were some encouraging signs in a few of the away games. But since November the football his side has produced has been consistently terrible. He's implemented a negative, cowardly, tedious style of play and I can't stand it. It's just so boring.

I appreciate I see things differently to a large percentage of City fans as the results matter little to me these days. Above all else, I just want to see the side playing some decent, entertaining football. All the evidence suggests we're not going to get that while Bulut remains in charge. I believe his management style is intrinsically negative and he's out of his depth in the Championship.

We had 4 wins on the trot

Second behind Leeds in recent games in points tally .....which I am sorry to emphasise is far more important than style of play

A poor display against Swansea yes but .....

4 wins in 5 matches ......

And people want him sacked and a new manager......who ? .....brought in so we can play football that is nice to watch ?

I'd get rid of him tomorrow. There's absolutely nothing I like about him. I've watched more than enough of his abysmal brand of football and I haven't seen anything yet to suggest it's likely to change significantly.

Initially, I thought Bulut was an intriguing appointment and, although the first couple of home performances against QPR and Sheffield Wednesday were dire, there were some encouraging signs in a few of the away games. But since November the football his side has produced has been consistently terrible. He's implemented a negative, cowardly, tedious style of play and I can't stand it. It's just so boring.

I appreciate I see things differently to a large percentage of City fans as the results matter little to me these days. Above all else, I just want to see the side playing some decent, entertaining football. All the evidence suggests we're not going to get that while Bulut remains in charge. I believe his management style is intrinsically negative and he's out of his depth in the Championship.
    Post of the week! Spot on! 🏆

I am different from you in results matter and a lot less negative of Bulut although I am indifferent to him. If you told me Steve Cooper is heading back to Ponty over the summer I'd get the bunting out, but it's more likely to be Steve Morison.

It's dire stuff, but where do you think this group would end up with a better manager assuming we end up around 10th~12th ? As I just don't see championship-level players beyond the defense and defensive midfielders.

I believe the championship has caught him out with the depth and quality, and he came to the conclusion in the deepest winter without Ramsey his best chance of point was to shut up shop and hope for a set play and we got punished.

It will be interesting how he approaches Fridays game

Which spelling mistakes?
    Reigns