+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

We have not got a decent striker….we knew that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Exactly although Ugbo was better than the remainers.

We almost went down last year, lost the three best players, we were in a summer transfer embargo and some of these expect us to be in the top two!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Rotherham haven’t got any good players and they’re still more effective at scoring goals from open play than we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Rotherham haven’t got any good players and they’re still more effective at scoring goals from open play than we are
    They are rock bottom on -47 goal difference, with only 30 goals. Scoring more goals than Cardiff in open play is really working out for them. I'm sure they are loving the football at the New York Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    They are rock bottom on -47 goal difference, with only 30 goals. Scoring more goals than Cardiff in open play is really working out for them. I'm sure they are loving the football at the New York Stadium.
    I'm not suggesting they are enjoying it but don't you think it is a pretty bad indictment of our style of play that we are less effective in possession than the worst team in the last decade in this division (at least).

I'm not suggesting they are enjoying it but don't you think it is a pretty bad indictment of our style of play that we are less effective in possession than the worst team in the last decade in this division (at least).
    Just checked the stats, 1 more goal than us in open play. Is that your weapon of choice?

The football has been bad at times, no doubt, but we've also had some entertaining* games, far more than in the last 2 seasons (even under Neil Harris it was a hard watch). The league table suggest we are currently 11th best, I'd take that given where we've been. I'd rather see NG bang in a free kick or Goutas tower in a header off a corner if it meant winning a game.

Truth is, a win last weekend it would be a very different place here.

*entertaining does not equate quality.

Just checked the stats, 1 more goal than us in open play. Is that your weapon of choice?

The football has been bad at times, no doubt, but we've also had some entertaining* games, far more than in the last 2 seasons (even under Neil Harris it was a hard watch). The league table suggest we are currently 11th best, I'd take that given where we've been. I'd rather see NG bang in a free kick or Goutas tower in a header off a corner if it meant winning a game.

Truth is, a win last weekend it would be a very different place here.

*entertaining does not equate quality.
    Yes, we are worse at scoring goals from open play than the worst team in over a decade, probably longer. It is not good enough. We are the lowest scorers in the league from open play. I don't have to explain why that is bad.

I want us to win games but we're not very good at that, either. I think Bulut is a very poor manager and a win last week would not have changed my opinion. Your point about set pieces is fine, I'd be happy but set pieces should be a bonus to your goal tally, rather than the only route to a goal! Judging Bulut against other bad managers does not mean he's good, they're all crap.

Yes, we are worse at scoring goals from open play than the worst team in over a decade, probably longer. It is not good enough. We are the lowest scorers in the league from open play. I don't have to explain why that is bad.

I want us to win games but we're not very good at that, either. I think Bulut is a very poor manager and a win last week would not have changed my opinion. Your point about set pieces is fine, I'd be happy but set pieces should be a bonus to your goal tally, rather than the only route to a goal! Judging Bulut against other bad managers does not mean he's good, they're all crap.
    I am completely with you, not sure what people don't get here

I think we are agreeing, but feel i am being pushed to defend something that i am not strongly opinionated on, my quest in here was to understand fans expectation, as most across the leagues want their manager sacked, surely not all managers are bad, you think they are with your last sentence.

We are team that has a reputation as being set piece, long ball and physical. I just don't think 1 season is enough to change that, would i give Bulut another season, yes, but because we need some continuity and stability and we are above my expectations in the league. Changing things takes time sometimes. I would have liked Lamouchi to have stayed as well, same reason.

We've seen the peoples/chairman's choices of "proper football" managers being hailed and hired only to fail, like Trollope, Solskjaer, Harris and Morison.

My point, lower your expectations because what you are looking for has not been seen since Lennie Lawrence.

International

Exactly another load of nonsense the wrong type of goals now!