Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
People that keep bringing up the form are missing the point, a mid table team will go on good and bad runs in a season. The people that are wanting a new manager, from what I can see, is because of the style of football.
For me, this season wasn't just about finishing higher than last season. I felt we underachieved last season partly due to some terrible managers, so finishing a bit higher up the table was to be expected.

I was as much interested in progression in playing style from last season. I haven't seen that. It's hard to argue that we've been better on the field this season. In fact, hadn't it been for our set pieces, we'd be in the bottom 3.

Now, either it's the players' fault again, we have a poor squad that can scrap its way to safety, or the players are better than their showing and their being held back. I believe it is the latter. Our ultra defensive approach is hardly resulting in clean sheets and wins.

Next season will be another build. A load of new players and probably a new manager again. That has to stop somewhere, but it can only stop once there is progress on the pitch.