Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I didn't like Beale when he was flavour of the month at QPR. Like him much less since then.

If Bulut goes we need a manager who is both a coach and tactician, and someone who can manage upwards to Vincent Tan. A hard ask even for experienced managers.

Cooper and Potter will be looking further up the food chain.

We should be looking at someone like Kieran McKenna when he joined Ipswich - someone who is part of a high quality coaching team in a top league, who is ambitious and astute, who works well with developing youth players. I don't care if i have never herd his (or her!) name before. And bring in an experienced older head alongside. And a Director of Football!

Or Craig Bellamy.
We desperately need a coach. That has to be the number one requirement, can they improve the players we have. Morison, Hudson and Bulut have failed miserably in that. I think Lamouchi did to a degree with Philogene etc.

I would like to see us go for someone like Evatt at Bolton, or Mousinho at Pompey. Whether the latter would come, I'm not sure but Schumacher left Plymouth for Stoke so maybe he would. I think it is too much of a risk but Pete Wild has done brilliant jobs everywhere he's been. Barrow to Cardiff is a massive, massive jump though so I wouldn't pull the trigger.