+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Bulut left, which of these available manager would you choose?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If Bulut left, which of these available manager would you choose?

I'd go for Steve Cooper. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they were already talking to him. Problem is, what would the fans think, if he was appointed?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'd go for Steve Cooper. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they were already talking to him. Problem is, what would the fans think, if he was appointed?
    Cooper’s a City fan, his Swansea history wouldn’t bother me in the slightest - the same would apply with Potter. They’re both good managers and, maybe more importantly, coaches- I’d say Cooper in particular has a history of improving players as well. However, as I said earlier, I’d say our chances of getting either of them are negligible - even if we were willing to pay them what they wanted, there’s the would you work for Vincent Tan factor to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Cooper is a Cardiff City fan. So was his father Keith Cooper the ex-referee. There is no conflict of interest here. Interests would be well and truly aligned. Cooper has a massive motivation to come here that perhaps only the likes of Nathan Jones, Tony Pulis and Craig Bellamy would have. Except Cooper is quality.

The chance to take your own club up to the Premiership? I bet my house Coops would be interested and I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Cooper is a Cardiff City fan. So was his father Keith Cooper the ex-referee. There is no conflict of interest here. Interests would be well and truly aligned. Cooper has a massive motivation to come here that perhaps only the likes of Nathan Jones, Tony Pulis and Craig Bellamy would have. Except Cooper is quality.

The chance to take your own club up to the Premiership? I bet my house Coops would be interested and I’d take him in a heartbeat.

No chance we'd get Potter, he'll be lined up for the England job I suspect

Cooper maybe an outside bet, I can't see him getting another Premier League job or one of the relegated clubs going for him. Once you discount clubs with parachute payments we're probably one of the more attractive Championship clubs