+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales C

Wales C

Beat England C 1-0 at Llanelli tonight

England C's squad with several ex-Football League players, good result from the Wales C boys, maybe the Cymru Premier isn't as crap as we all think

Re: Wales C

A Decent game

Bradley looked dangerous every time he had the ball

a few Nat league North and South players playing, I recently saw Chris Bush play V Bath City, was surprised to see him playing

a great event for the non-leaguers

Watched it for about twenty minutes in the first half, it looked quite an even game which England appeared to be taking a degree of control of - surprised to hear that Wales went on to win it, but, that said, I believe our record against England at that level is pretty good in recent years.

Anyone else think that calling them Wales C is a bit of an insult? At their level they're the best players available, and they're Welsh. Does this A B C Stuff happen in other sports? I Get the Age group thing, but not the classification.

Think the same teams were called 'non league' or 'semi pro' at the turn of the century?

Reclassified and renamed due to more non league clubs being full time professionals? Being honest I've no idea.

Do players from the National League, the likes of Chesterfield etc play in these games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Think the same teams were called 'non league' or 'semi pro' at the turn of the century?

Reclassified and renamed due to more non league clubs being full time professionals? Being honest I've no idea.

Do players from the National League, the likes of Chesterfield etc play in these games?
    I think all but 2 of the England squad were National League and the vast majority were professional. Wales had no professionals as the TNS players withdrew

England's striker had 30 goals in the National League this season

At a guess I imagine you're right that they were renamed as most of the National League are professional these days

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Anyone else think that calling them Wales C is a bit of an insult? At their level they're the best players available, and they're Welsh. Does this A B C Stuff happen in other sports? I Get the Age group thing, but not the classification.
    Yes bit degrading and not a good badge plenty of names about to use that would portray a more positive look . Including Welsh derivatives ..

What does C actually mean it certainly shouldn't represent someone's ability .

Saw Clayton Green's aunt today. He was captain last night. She said some of the family had gone up to watch including dad Phil, who used to play for Newport, and brother Ryan, who had one game for us in 2002. Clayton never made it to league level though, despite being picked up by Bristol Rovers as a youngster. My lad played in the same local junior team as him (until Rovers stopped Clayton from playing) and says it makes you realise how good you must have to be to make it to the top levels.

Just looked up Wales and England's C teams. Not much info on Wales but England's results go back to around 2006. Three City related scorers over the years; Lee Tomlin, Omar Bogle and Steve Morison.

Who was the ex City player in the Wales team?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who was the ex City player in the Wales team?
    Kane Owen. Rhys Abbruzzese was on the bench.