Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
A very good friend of mine will gamble every last penny away without fail every month. He'll message me if Surrey will win etc and he doesn't know anything about cricket. He messages my friends about snooker etc. Interesting studies have been done on it, the winning doesn't really matter, it just allows you to place another bet which is the far bigger rush. The excitement comes from thinking you might win and it completely rewires your brain. It is a really sad illness and completely changes your personality. The bookies are evil.
I know plenty of people who will gamble away their weeks wages by the Friday evening. Other mates you'd be in a round with 5 of you and 4 of them would be in the bookies and you'd manage 3 "in between" pints by the time they came back to their warm pints.. go round a mates for a few drinks and 2 of them are sat there playing bingo stood around the one phone...roulette machines in the bookies were another one, lads putting their wages in a bandit and not having enough money to buy a pint..middle aged men putting £500 on a horse and leaving the pub to go home as it inevitably doesnt win...gambling is a disease.