+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Paul Merson Right?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Paul Merson Right?

Wealthy actors, sportsmen etc promoting gambling every ad break, everyone’s a winner. They never show a desperate soul alone in their bedroom clutching pills or a rope because everyone isn’t a winner. It’s a scourge on society.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wealthy actors, sportsmen etc promoting gambling every ad break, everyone’s a winner. They never show a desperate soul alone in their bedroom clutching pills or a rope because everyone isn’t a winner. It’s a scourge on society.
    It is really bad and the adverts make it look very attractive and fun for teenagers and young adults, I'm all for advertising bans and much more restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It is really bad and the adverts make it look very attractive and fun for teenagers and young adults, I'm all for advertising bans and much more restrictions.
    As an ex Gambling addict I cant say the adverts ever really affected me, FOBTs were more of a problem for me, but I do worry about how they normalise gambling and make it look so fun, especially for teenagers and young adults.

The one that has really dissapointed me is Peter Crouch and his missus - who already have a net worth of some 30m - with their latest Paddy Power adverts making it all look so jovial and fun. I always thought Crouchy was one of the good guys, not anymore.