+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 4 - 1 FINLAND. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 4 - 1 FINLAND. Match thread

Can’t fault the result, will be a much tougher game against Poland.

excellent performance and result . well done Wales

Good win. Have to say I wasn't expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Good win. Have to say I wasn't expecting that.
    Nor me, but at the same time I feel like it’s happened before, we do well going forward against the weaker teams and then have a melt down defensively against the better teams.

Confidence is huge though, let’s hope we beat Poland and then we can consider the manager situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Can’t fault the result, will be a much tougher game against Poland.
    Great result but Lewandowski will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of playing against our defence.

I dont wish to put a dampener on the night but at 1 nil, even at 2-1, our defence looked like they'd never played together and the Fins had a number of chances.
    Just glad they didn't fall to Pukki.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Great result but Lewandowski will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of playing against our defence.

I dont wish to put a dampener on the night but at 1 nil, even at 2-1, our defence looked like they'd never played together and the Fins had a number of chances.
    Yep they had far top much time and space. We kept backing off. However we scored 4 and it could have been 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep they had far top much time and space. We kept backing off. However we scored 4 and it could have been 6 or 7.
    Agree but if they had gone ahead it may well have been a different nervous type of game.

It was pleasing to see us going for more goals though rather than shutting up shop like we are used to seeing at the CCS every other week.

One game shoot out at home, we'll take that!

Agree but if they had gone ahead it may well have been a different nervous type of game.

It was pleasing to see us going for more goals though rather than shutting up shop like we are used to seeing at the CCS every other week.

Maybe it’s just me but I feel like we have seen this before under page.

The intention is always to attack/counter attack and then we have a complete melt down against better teams. We go from looking good to tactically woeful and completely lost.

Let’s just get past Poland and say he’s done a good job.

Poland are poor away from home. We are very strong at home and have qualified for the past two finals by winning play offs in Cardiff. Think we will edge it.

I was surprised at the atmosphere tonight, very subdued I thought. Wouldn’t have thought it was through nerves with the early goals in both halves, bit of complacency perhaps. It actually ran through my head when sat in the ground tonight that the final throes of the Ipswich game was a better atmosphere.

Great win though, could/should have been more but 4 goals from a home team at our ground is the stuff of dreams. Winner takes all on Tuesday, I pray we don’t melt.

Poland are poor away from home. We are very strong at home and have qualified for the past two finals by winning play offs in Cardiff. Think we will edge it.
    When’s the game?

My last away game with Wales was against Poland, hell of a trip quite a few years ago now.

When’s the game?

My last away game with Wales was against Poland, hell of a trip quite a few years ago now.
    This coming Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This coming Tuesday.
    Thank you, I did Google before FT but couldn’t find it.

Thank you, I did Google before FT but couldn’t find it.

🤞 🙏

Re: WALES v FINLAND. Match thread

Ampadu has been outstanding. My MoTM
    He's doing it every week at Leeds

Ampadu MotM, outstanding.

Lightweight front 3. Ha,ha,wrong. Finland couldn’t cope with the pace & directness. Page got it spot on (did I just write that?)

Surprised about comments about the defence. Mepham had his best game in a Welsh shirt.

Only Roberts was a weak link. #21 beat him virtually every time.

Re: WALES v FINLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Jordan James and Wilson also played well
    Neco too.

The 20 minute period after our first goal was very subdued. Finland were just able to pass the ball around at will with no-one challenging them for it. A better team would have walked straight through us. Christian Roberts seemed to be lacking a bit of pace which is a worry ahead of Tuesday.
    Great result but Poland will be a different challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The 20 minute period after our first goal was very subdued. Finland were just able to pass the ball around at will with no-one challenging them for it. A better team would have walked straight through us. Christian Roberts seemed to be lacking a bit of pace which is a worry ahead of Tuesday.
    to be fair to Christian Roberts I don't blame him for being rusty

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Christian Roberts was he playing?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    to be fair to Christian Roberts I don't blame him for being rusty

I do agree. My preference would be for Ampadu to man mark Lewandowski and just keep him out of the game. Our defence looked clueless at times yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I do agree. My preference would be for Ampadu to man mark Lewandowski and just keep him out of the game. Our defence looked clueless at times yesterday
    After witnessing our rock solid City defence all season, it was concerning to see the Wales defenders a bit shaky but in return we were treated to an attack that looked like scoring every time they moved forward. That was a sight for sore eyes.