+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police looking at video of fans allegedly 'mocking tragedy' at Swansea City v Cardiff City match

Re: Police looking at video of fans allegedly 'mocking tragedy' at Swansea City v Cardiff City match

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Maybe they were referring to a fight at the horse races in Cheltenham a few years ago?
    It was Newbury

International

Re: Police looking at video of fans allegedly 'mocking tragedy' at Swansea City v Cardiff City match

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    It was Newbury
    OK Newbury then, so same as Swim Away.

OK Newbury then, so same as Swim Away.
    There's absolutely no doubt about it that Cardiff fans doing horse impressions to Swansea supporters are mocking the death of Terry Coles at Rotherham who was crushed by a police horse

It's got nothing to do with the brawl between Morriston Rugby Club and 20 of our lot at Newbury Races

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There's absolutely no doubt about it that Cardiff fans doing horse impressions to Swansea supporters are mocking the death of Terry Coles at Rotherham who was crushed by a police horse

It's got nothing to do with the brawl between Morriston Rugby Club and 20 of our lot at Newbury Races
    How could you possibly know that? No one can, you are drawing your conclusion, there is no such thing as mind reading so no one knows.

The same as you can't possibly know what someone is thinking when wearing a rubber ring, armbands and goggles.

International

How could you possibly know that? No one can, you are drawing your conclusion, there is no such thing as mind reading so no one knows.

The same as you can't possibly know what someone is thinking when wearing a rubber ring, armbands and goggles.

For proof, the police would need to lip-read the words that were said the rest is not provable either way surely?

Because the horse gesture has been going on for over 20 years which was when that Swansea supporter lost his life under the horse

The sala songs and gestures , which are also extremely distasteful occurred at the recent Swansea game

But the rubber rings swim away nonsense whilst laughable is based upon Swansea fans chasing some cardiff youngsters into the sea by the council offices

It's not celebrating a death of a football fan or opposing player which is what the idiots be they cardiff or Swansea are doing with these pathetic gestures and songs

Anyone doing aeroplane gestures to mock Sala’s death are doing so to be antagonistic and offend.

Doing the already famous “swim away” gesture that’s universally known to both Cardiff and Swansea supporters negates that impact as no Cardiff fan will think it’s in reference to Sala.

Unless you’re an absolute muppet

There's a video on twitter of a man united fan ......if you can call him a fan ......gesturing towards Liverpool section imitating himself being crushed by a fence as in Hillsborough

He's been arrested

These people are absolute low life's

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I am with Sludge on one aspect here, the Newbury story may or may not have happened, but that isn’t the intention of horse references. The intention is to cause offence. I can recall back around the late Nineties and early Noughties some chanting by Cardiff fans.

On Alan Davies there were two chants…

“Sssssss, gas gas, gas a Jack”, and the “Do the Alan Davies, Do the Alan Davies, la la la la la”. That was the arm-crossing that Sludge refers to.

I never heard too much about the Terry Coles, other than in the Canton End around 2003-05 from memory. I think the Portguese coach was running Swansea at that point. There were a few Barry and Blackwood boys singing the Goldie Looking Chain song that went “Drugs don’t kill people, rappers do”. It was changed to “Drugs don’t kill people, horses do”. At the time it seemed funny, but you realize it then really isn’t if the family on the others side hear it. Young tribal foolishness, and idiocy. Alcohol and group dynamics at a young age gives you a difference reference point.

No doubt tragedy chanting is offensive. But then again football all over the world is tribal. You don’t
    go to football as in rugby, shake hands with the opposition, and say “Well done old mucker”. To me it is a waste of police resources to chase this stuff. The police have complained for years that they are short on resources so its about prioritisation. There is an opioid crisis in Swansea, theft of endemic proportions, and child abuse at estoteric rates. This doesn’t strike me as a priority for South Wales Police, socially ugly though it may be. The police should be chasing more hard crimes instead of looking for easy wins to make their statistics look good, and avoid high risk policing. Risk is part of their job, so chase hard criminals not a small bunch of football fan idiots who will be long forgotten by the following day.

My stepfather was at the foot of the Aberfan disaster, cleaning it up, back in the day. He told me horrific stories about what he saw, which as an 18 year I found harrowing. But when Millwall and Bristol City fans chanted about Aberfan I thought “Bloody lowlife”, shrugged if off, gave it back and got on with my day. I didn’t feign faux outrage on behalf of others, create a noise, and go squeaking to police or shouting about it. I just thought it reflects more on them than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I am with Sludge on one aspect here, the Newbury story may or may not have happened, but that isn’t the intention of horse references. The intention is to cause offence. I can recall back around the late Nineties and early Noughties some chanting by Cardiff fans.

On Alan Davies there were two chants…

“Sssssss, gas gas, gas a Jack”, and the “Do the Alan Davies, Do the Alan Davies, la la la la la”. That was the arm-crossing that Sludge refers to.

I never heard too much about the Terry Coles, other than in the Canton End around 2003-05 from memory. I think the Portguese coach was running Swansea at that point. There were a few Barry and Blackwood boys singing the Goldie Looking Chain song that went “Drugs don’t kill people, rappers do”. It was changed to “Drugs don’t kill people, horses do”. At the time it seemed funny, but you realize it then really isn’t if the family on the others side hear it. Young tribal foolishness, and idiocy. Alcohol and group dynamics at a young age gives you a difference reference point.

No doubt tragedy chanting is offensive. But then again football all over the world is tribal. You don’t
    go to football as in rugby, shake hands with the opposition, and say “Well done old mucker”. To me it is a waste of police resources to chase this stuff. The police have complained for years that they are short on resources so its about prioritisation. There is an opioid crisis in Swansea, theft of endemic proportions, and child abuse at estoteric rates. This doesn’t strike me as a priority for South Wales Police, socially ugly though it may be. The police should be chasing more hard crimes instead of looking for easy wins to make their statistics look good, and avoid high risk policing. Risk is part of their job, so chase hard criminals not a small bunch of football fan idiots who will be long forgotten by the following day.

My stepfather was at the foot of the Aberfan disaster, cleaning it up, back in the day. He told me horrific stories about what he saw, which as an 18 year I found harrowing. But when Millwall and Bristol City fans chanted about Aberfan I thought “Bloody lowlife”, shrugged if off, gave it back and got on with my day. I didn’t feign faux outrage on behalf of others, create a noise, and go squeaking to police or shouting about it. I just thought it reflects more on them than me.
    Mocking anyone about the death of someone is sick regardless of age but astonishing in those of a more mature age but maybe not fully developed IQ coupled with possible substance intake

The swim away is an interesting one for me - expected from fans regardless of the why or the maturity of it but the one for me is a club condoning football violence

Martin obafemi lowe and and now Williams have in recent times either mimicked the swim away or appeared to have sanctioned it by others - so players and managers alike seem happy to condone it - question whether they understand fully what it is related to or if the club are happy with this

In the commentary on the recent game apparently Williams kids go to a school with a few Cardiff fans in and I would hate to think that his kids suffered as a result of his actions on or around the game - apparently he was urged by his kids not to lose that game because of the number of Cardiff fans in the school

Also there was some talk on the other board of removing the bubble for the game and for me this creates an unnecessary risk bearing in mind recent issues in the red seats and also the incident 150 miles in Newbury (not so recent I know) - not worth it for me

Maybe they were referring to a fight at the horse races in Cheltenham a few years ago?
    oh do f-uck off

Cardiff fans having been singing trampled by horse to the tune of H-A-P-P-Y and doing the horse actions / noises for years and years before the fight in Newbury. They even put a messaage about Terry Coles on the big screen in the Millenium Stadium when Swansea beat Barnsley. Thats a different level of sick.

But you know that youre just being obstinate.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    oh do f-uck off

Cardiff fans having been singing trampled by horse to the tune of H-A-P-P-Y and doing the horse actions / noises for years and years before the fight in Newbury. They even put a messaage about Terry Coles on the big screen in the Millenium Stadium when Swansea beat Barnsley. Thats a different level of sick.

Indeed, the QPR play off game

Watch out for the horses Terry! At half time

It was only after the game most people twigged , I remember thinking that's a strange best wishes message ?

Sick twats

International

oh do f-uck off

Yes, that was bad but I don't think either side could be found guilty because there is a dual meaning to both gestures, which could be argued by a good barrister forever and a day.

Yes, that was bad but I don't think either side could be found guilty because there is a dual meaning to both gestures, which could be argued by a good barrister forever and a day.
    Zzzzz

Why would Cardiff fans gesture to Swansea fans about the row at Newbury races? I think it’s fair to say Cardiff come off second best that day..

A Philadelphia lawyer would have a very difficult time arguing orherwise.

Why would Cardiff fans gesture to Swansea fans about the row at Newbury races? I think it’s fair to say Cardiff come off second best that day..

A Philadelphia lawyer would have a very difficult time arguing otherwise.
    Stag do from gorseinon rugby club as well caught up in it all and not sure as you say anyone from Cardiff would taunt opposition fans about that day

There isn’t. It couldn’t.

Unless you’re an absolute melt.

International

A Philadelphia lawyer would have a very difficult time arguing orherwise.
    Let's see if anyone gets done for it ?

Unless they are thick or can't afford decent representation no chance.

Let's see if anyone gets done for it ?

Unless they are thick or can't afford decent representation no chance.
    Aye. Then they’ll have to hoove it 😂