+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could you do this?

Re: Could you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can see the gap closing, but I don't know if women become better than men.

There's a good book called Born To Run about ultra runners and offroad runners etc, though it's a long time since I read it. There was one person that the author kept going on about, a US female who was apparently really good at running down hill and could do it better than most men. But she wasn't winning races, just very competitive in that part of it.

I think women carry less muscle and weight. A small frame is better in endurance, whereas muscle and power is better for sprints and middle distance. So there's less of a gap and women are more competitive with males.

But world records in all distances are still quicker for males than females.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarathon
    In marathon swimming women frequently beat men

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah, they're the female world records

I've said about the difference between endurance and speed in my post. I think you're saying pretty much the same as me tbh
    yeah....the caffeine hadn't kicked in. At least my reply to you was semi-coherent. The one to JamesWales was unreadable. No proper quote and the URL didn't work. Not that he reads them anyway!

I can't get my head around why anyone would want to do this in the first place.
    Guess I'm just not wired (or built) for running.

Maddness. . Okay for Camels