+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone at this game from fifty one years ago?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone at this game from fifty one years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Almost fifty one years to the day.

I was, stood on the Bob Bank I think - is there another video of Trevor Hockey scoring a goal online I wonder? One of Wales' best wins of the seventies.

Wow. I didn't know until today that we were in that group. The 1974 WC is the first one I can remember. The only qualifying game I remember is England 1-1 Poland. We had family from England staying with us so we watched it.

Re: Anyone at this game from fifty one years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wow. I didn't know until today that we were in that group. The 1974 WC is the first one I can remember. The only qualifying game I remember is England 1-1 Poland. We had family from England staying with us so we watched it.
    Poland got revenge in the return game a few months later where they comfortably beat us 3-0 and Trevor Hockey was sent off - there’s a video from the same source on You Tube and the thing that took my attention was that we played in green and white. Poland qualified on the back of their home results because they also beat England 2-0 (Alan Ball was sent off if memory serves right) in a game which ended Bobby Moore’s international career I believe.