+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I always feel so sorry for the player concerned when they are the only ones to miss in a penalty shoot out - in some ways, it would have been better if we’d have missed three out of the five.

I’m not calling for Page to be sacked because of tonight or anything, but it does seem odd that he only chose to use three subs in a game that lasted two hours and one of those was to replace another sub.
    It’s far from the first time Page has forgotten to use his subs in a key situation. Sorry, he’s done a passable job but not the manager to take us forward in my book. How you look at that last performance and decide to do the total opposite a few days later is totally beyond me.

So, it's the fault of Page. Nothing to do with the outfield players who created not very much for 2 hours? I'm not being critical of anyone. Decent enough performance from Wales. Both teams pretty ordinary. We didn't really trouble Poland, we were at home, it's our job to trouble them.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    It’s far from the first time Page has forgotten to use his subs in a key situation. Sorry, he’s done a passable job but not the manager to take us forward in my book. How you look at that last performance and decide to do the total opposite a few days later is totally beyond me.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I don't know, Moore really caused them trouble all game

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't know, Moore really caused them trouble all game
    He may have "caused them trouble" but sadly failed to score. Isn't that what a striker is supposed to do? Reminded me so much of his City days, falling over at the slightest touch and appealing to the ref which undoubtedly does not pay in the long run. Even when there is a genuine foul the ref has become immunised and waves play on.