+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what's the score with Rambo?

International

Re: So what's the score with Rambo?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair enough, but I would argue that, even at this stage of his career, if Ramsey is on the bench, he comes on at some stage during a game which ends in a penalty shoot out after extra time if he's fit - the fact Page used so few subs makes you wonder if he had full faith in many of them for an occasion like that, but that cannot apply to Ramsey surely.
    He's just not fit is he, mentally or physically he hasn't played football for months it takes time to adapt and no he probably wasn't ready to play at this stage after a long injury.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not using Ramsey at all is just one of a series of large boo boos made by Page.
    Keiffer would have been far more useful off the bench, although if Brooks wasn't well then maybe I understand him starting, though if that was Page's thinking, why the feck he brought Brooks on at all is just crazy!
    Taking Brennan off was ridiculous as his touch was sublime, the polar opposite of Wilson.
    A couple of minutes for Ramsey in extra time and a dead cert scorer of a pelanty.

If anyone thought that Page was the man to take us forward surely even they must now concede that he has to go.
    Ask Jimmy the Jock if he thinks Ramsey would have been a dead cert scorer of a penalty !

I wouldn’t read to much into it personally, Page has never know what he’s doing.

Hopefully means he gets more minutes for us.

Youre allowed to name about a million subs, whats the big deal? Its not like you can only name 4 outfield subs and he was one of them.

Many things to get wound up about last night, Ramsey being named on the bench is not one of them.

Fuss over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He was a potential gamble, but it's a bit too early to paly him still he's not match-fit and the game was for too important.
    Then why have him in the squad? Have as part of the non playing side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's finished.
    He was finished before Rangers took him on , that said , it was great to see him coming back to Cardiff for a swan song.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Maybe they felt the experience and influence on the squad was worth having him involved
    They could still be in the squad. Just not the matchday squad. There's nothing to stop them being a dressing room presence. Whatever, it's done now.

What was the point of picking Ramsey for such an important game if there was no intent to use him? He’s either fit enough to contribute, in which case he should have been used given how Wales struggled to create chances, or he isn’t in which case, he should never have been in the party in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's just not fit is he, mentally or physically he hasn't played football for months it takes time to adapt and no he probably wasn't ready to play at this stage after a long injury.
    Take a pen though, just looking at Dan James you knew we were doomed

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Youre allowed to name about a million subs, whats the big deal? Its not like you can only name 4 outfield subs and he was one of them.

Many things to get wound up about last night, Ramsey being named on the bench is not one of them.

Fuss over nothing.
    Yep it's pretty clear Page will only pick from 14/15 players. He even brought on Brooks, a player he admitted wasn't fit, ahead of Broadhead, Matondo etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And the best for us too really

He's hardly kicked a ball for us

The whole signing like so many others has been a let down and cost us a lot in wages
    I bet that you weren't saying that after the first Swansea derby this season. Plus, do you know what he is actually earning then ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Take a pen though, just looking at Dan James you knew we were doomed
    he didnt fill me with confidence, though when I saw Ben Davis step up, I was concerned we were done

Now Rambo is a pen taker

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Maybe they felt the experience and influence on the squad was worth having him involved
    This…..the other players (and manager) want him involved, pretty sure they couldn’t care less what fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    This…..the other players (and manager) want him involved, pretty sure they couldn’t care less what fans think.
    I expected to see him come on for the last few minutes, in preparation to take a penalty

Whatever anyone says, we’re lucky to have a player of his quality and stature at the City

If he plays 10, 15 or 20 games next season , we should be grateful that he’s here

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I expected to see him come on for the last few minutes, in preparation to take a penalty

Whatever anyone says, we’re lucky to have a player of his quality and stature at the City

If he plays 10, 15 or 20 games next season , we should be grateful that he’s here
    agreed, the bloke inspires the youngsters, he motivates the more experienced pro's

the club could look at player / coach imho

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    can't see him playing again somehow which is a shame.
    Waste of money, he should return his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    agreed, the bloke inspires the youngsters, he motivates the more experienced pro's

the club could look at player / coach imho
    This is the equivalent to praising a defender for scoring the only goal in a 7-1 defeat. He's not here to inspire anyone, and how do you know if he motivates the more experienced players? chances are they couldn't give a shit. And rightly so. He's here to play as often as possible, and when he does play he needs to be the difference on occasion, because he's miles better than the rest, and for his own pride he should want to be that player. I understand that he wont play a full season or last a full game, no problem with that. But this fawning over him is bollocks. I get that he's a Welsh legend, and that he came through our ranks, but shouldn't we all expect a bit more and grow up a little....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Waste of money, he should return his wages.
    You should return that brain cell to the person that ripped you off when you bought it.

You should return that brain cell to the person that ripped you off when you bought it.
    You have to admit that 90 mins on the pitch in well over 6 months hasn't been great value for money.

This is the equivalent to praising a defender for scoring the only goal in a 7-1 defeat. He's not here to inspire anyone, and how do you know if he motivates the more experienced players? chances are they couldn't give a shit. And rightly so. He's here to play as often as possible, and when he does play he needs to be the difference on occasion, because he's miles better than the rest, and for his own pride he should want to be that player. I understand that he wont play a full season or last a full game, no problem with that. But this fawning over him is bollocks. I get that he's a Welsh legend, and that he came through our ranks, but shouldn't we all expect a bit more and grow up a little....
    Personally, I know a few people at city ( networking is something I do well, who knows I might get the chance to pull on a city tracksuit as a coach some time I do know more at Bristol city and FGR, which is a shame ) , sure they all but one is involved in the youth set-up, they all say he brings alot more than game time, ive heard / read interviews with players who all say the same about him, he is a massive plus to have around, he pushes players, he sets a standard that motivates others to try and be better ( I know the answer will be " yea but they are going to say that " ) someone mentioned its like having Bellers back at the club, his standards were higher than most at the time

he pops in to see the academy players training, pops along to watch games, imho that does matter, it does inspire

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You have to admit that 90 mins on the pitch in well over 6 months hasn't been great value for money.
    Do you know how much money he’s on?
    If not how do you know if it’s value for money?

Ramsey is a quality player and unfortunately hasn’t played as much as he wants to, not his fault, he’s been injured
    Hopefully he’ll play more games next season

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If he’s brains were made of chocolate he wouldn’t have enough to make a smartie

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not using Ramsey at all is just one of a series of large boo boos made by Page.
    Keiffer would have been far more useful off the bench, although if Brooks wasn't well then maybe I understand him starting, though if that was Page's thinking, why the feck he brought Brooks on at all is just crazy!
    Taking Brennan off was ridiculous as his touch was sublime, the polar opposite of Wilson.
    A couple of minutes for Ramsey in extra time and a dead cert scorer of a pelanty.

If anyone thought that Page was the man to take us forward surely even they must now concede that he has to go.
    Errol, as he has been all season with the things he's said and done, is absolutely spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Do you know how much money he’s on?
    If not how do you know if it’s value for money?

Ramsey is a quality player and unfortunately hasn’t played as much as he wants to, not his fault, he’s been injured
    Hopefully he’ll play more games next season
    I have no idea how much money he is on and didn't suggest otherwise. However, he has quite a record of being injured - and I anticipated at the beginning of the season that he would rarely play. It's fair comment to wonder (and I did at the outset of the season) if a far lesser player who can play far more frequently would have been better value.