+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So what's the score with Rambo?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So what's the score with Rambo?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    This…..the other players (and manager) want him involved, pretty sure they couldn’t care less what fans think.
    I expected to see him come on for the last few minutes, in preparation to take a penalty

Whatever anyone says, we’re lucky to have a player of his quality and stature at the City

If he plays 10, 15 or 20 games next season , we should be grateful that he’s here

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I expected to see him come on for the last few minutes, in preparation to take a penalty

Whatever anyone says, we’re lucky to have a player of his quality and stature at the City

If he plays 10, 15 or 20 games next season , we should be grateful that he’s here
    agreed, the bloke inspires the youngsters, he motivates the more experienced pro's

the club could look at player / coach imho

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    agreed, the bloke inspires the youngsters, he motivates the more experienced pro's

the club could look at player / coach imho
    This is the equivalent to praising a defender for scoring the only goal in a 7-1 defeat. He's not here to inspire anyone, and how do you know if he motivates the more experienced players? chances are they couldn't give a shit. And rightly so. He's here to play as often as possible, and when he does play he needs to be the difference on occasion, because he's miles better than the rest, and for his own pride he should want to be that player. I understand that he wont play a full season or last a full game, no problem with that. But this fawning over him is bollocks. I get that he's a Welsh legend, and that he came through our ranks, but shouldn't we all expect a bit more and grow up a little....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is the equivalent to praising a defender for scoring the only goal in a 7-1 defeat. He's not here to inspire anyone, and how do you know if he motivates the more experienced players? chances are they couldn't give a shit. And rightly so. He's here to play as often as possible, and when he does play he needs to be the difference on occasion, because he's miles better than the rest, and for his own pride he should want to be that player. I understand that he wont play a full season or last a full game, no problem with that. But this fawning over him is bollocks. I get that he's a Welsh legend, and that he came through our ranks, but shouldn't we all expect a bit more and grow up a little....
    Personally, I know a few people at city ( networking is something I do well, who knows I might get the chance to pull on a city tracksuit as a coach some time I do know more at Bristol city and FGR, which is a shame ) , sure they all but one is involved in the youth set-up, they all say he brings alot more than game time, ive heard / read interviews with players who all say the same about him, he is a massive plus to have around, he pushes players, he sets a standard that motivates others to try and be better ( I know the answer will be " yea but they are going to say that " ) someone mentioned its like having Bellers back at the club, his standards were higher than most at the time

he pops in to see the academy players training, pops along to watch games, imho that does matter, it does inspire

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Personally, I know a few people at city ( networking is something I do well, who knows I might get the chance to pull on a city tracksuit as a coach some time I do know more at Bristol city and FGR, which is a shame ) , sure they all but one is involved in the youth set-up, they all say he brings alot more than game time, ive heard / read interviews with players who all say the same about him, he is a massive plus to have around, he pushes players, he sets a standard that motivates others to try and be better ( I know the answer will be " yea but they are going to say that " ) someone mentioned its like having Bellers back at the club, his standards were higher than most at the time

he pops in to see the academy players training, pops along to watch games, imho that does matter, it does inspire
    Agreed

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

When he was playing and in and around the squad helping training etc at the start of the season we were playing much better, scoring goals and creating more chances, he is very influential.