+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It didn't look right, did it. Goutas looked like he'd never played a game of football in his life.
    trying to support Goutas has been a rollacoster this season. First 10 games i hated seeing him on the team sheet. Then he turned it around so i was happy he was a regular..but since his irl tradegy he seems to be really struggling..

we dont exactly have a replacement though to give him time..id rather see us play with 10men than have romeo back in the lineup

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SUNDERLAND. Match thread

people critiquing Ramsey really should look at the excuses they give some of the duff players in our squad. Ramsey has just come back from a long injury..clearly not match fit and has a LOT of roles on his shoulders when he comes on. Bit of logic and you can see we shouldnt be pinning our hopes on Ramsey...yet

What a shitshow. We had ten minutes of neat football, where we looked confident and almost dangerous. They get that soft penalty and we completely fell apart. We should stop playing the loanees now. I just want to see players that are thinking about Cardiff City and next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wish we were Wrexham.
    You can't say that publicly! You're just supposed to think it before you fall asleep and then keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Colwill is league 1 at best, he's had enough chances over the last few seasons, he flatters to deceive, with the odd goal or pass here and there but 95% you struggle to see if he's on the pitch.
    He doesn't stay switched on. He drifts in and out, he makes poor decisions and for much of the time he just becomes a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He doesn't stay switched on. He drifts in and out, he makes poor decisions and for much of the time he just becomes a liability.
    He’s not the only one. Seems to be the only player to get slated on here, what about Wintle? Absolute garbage, Ralls no footballing brain and definitely no leader, Turnbull a pathetic signing, Siopis mediocre, Bowler, Grant, no better than league 1, yet Colwill seems to be most people’s target for the failings of Bulut to get tactics and coaching right.

Whatever the failings of Colwill, when he’s off the pitch we are a damn site worse than when he’s on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Whatever the failings of Colwill, when he’s off the pitch we are a damn site worse than when he’s on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    people critiquing Ramsey really should look at the excuses they give some of the duff players in our squad. Ramsey has just come back from a long injury..clearly not match fit and has a LOT of roles on his shoulders when he comes on. Bit of logic and you can see we shouldnt be pinning our hopes on Ramsey...yet
    When was the last time Ramsey wasn't just coming back from injury? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaro.../spieler/50057

I wish we were Wrexham.
    Mate who sits on my left said exactly the same thing today. Mate who sits on my right actually nodded off second half. Now I put that down to the football but on reflection, this evening, maybe it's something to do with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Mate who sits on my left said exactly the same thing today. Mate who sits on my right actually nodded off second half. Now I put that down to the football but on reflection, this evening, maybe it's something to do with me?
    Rule 1-Never take responsibility for other peoples actions, even if it is your fault. I actually don't want us to be Wrexham, Although i'm thinking of ****ing the club off and supporting one of the big four. I deserve some glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Agree with that. Would be interesting to see how that relates to points.

We have had so many managers and none seem to want to play him, although I do think he’s improved this season and playing more.

I never seen the fuss previously, but I think he’s grown into a more rounded player this season.

Rule 1-Never take responsibility for other peoples actions, even if it is your fault. I actually don't want us to be Wrexham, Although i'm thinking of ****ing the club off and supporting one of the big four. I deserve some glory.
    Has to be The New Saints. Oswestry is where William Archibald Spooner was educated.

Has everyone dried out yet ? What a miserable end to a miserable week. Doesn’t Bulut realise that he’d have a free pass if he played a few of the youngsters. Not many managers have this opportunity this time of the season. We’re in the band of teams who are just playing out the season, no worrying of making the playoffs, we’ve beaten the threat of the drop. He’d avoid the flak and be given a lot more leeway if there were a few kids on the pitch or coming on off the bench, can’t he see that he’s in a ideal situation to blood youth with little recrimination.

International

Re: City v Sunderland: A cast iron guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Work it out, I was being sarcastic !
    Never?? You? Sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Has everyone dried out yet ? What a miserable end to a miserable week. Doesn’t Bulut realise that he’d have a free pass if he played a few of the youngsters. Not many managers have this opportunity this time of the season. We’re in the band of teams who are just playing out the season, no worrying of making the playoffs, we’ve beaten the threat of the drop. He’d avoid the flak and be given a lot more leeway if there were a few kids on the pitch or coming on off the bench, can’t he see that he’s in a ideal situation to blood youth with little recrimination.
    You have quite a nack for completely missing the obvious.

It pains me to defend bulut but the truth is. No he does not have time to just take a punt on a bunch of youngsters because he does not have a contract yet.

He will know just like most with an ounce of common sense that no contract = still under trial. The board must be judging him on these last games as they are still unsure on his ability (and rightly so imo). He needs wins right now..thats why he had to drop his lapdog siopisstaker last game. Unfortunately for bulut..playing park the bus in the first half was a terrible idea

It pains me to defend bulut but the truth is. No he does not have time to just take a punt on a bunch of youngsters because he does not have a contract yet.

He will know just like most with an ounce of common sense that no contract = still under trial. The board must be judging him on these last games as they are still unsure on his ability (and rightly so imo). He needs wins right now..thats why he had to drop his lapdog siopisstaker last game. Unfortunately for bulut..playing park the bus in the first half was a terrible idea
    Bulut pre-Sunderland said he was not going to use any of the youngsters for the first four (of eight) games because he wanted to see where we were at that point in the table. He appeared to think we could be pushing for the play offs again (Ha!). But he did say he would use some youngsters in the final four games - presumably when his dream of a play off push had crashed and died. The decision on using Joel Colwill or Cam Antwi or Cian Ashford had nothing to do with his contract situation. At least, that's what Bulut said.

So he’s really enhanced his chance of a new contract with recent (or not so recent) displays by the old guard?

So he’s really enhanced his chance of a new contract with recent (or not so recent) displays by the old guard?
    i never claimed bulut was a smart man. But he obviously thinks this is his best chance of winning

i never claimed bulut was a smart man. But he obviously thinks this is his best chance of winning
    Proof of the pudding and all that given our last two performances. The old football saying is that you’re only as good as your last game, The City, at the moment can add an ‘s’ to game. Getting a few youngsters involved surely can’t result in worse displays than we’ve witnessed.

Granted we were awful yesterday but both their goals came from officiating mistakes - never a penalty or free kick leading to their second. Haven’t seen a replay but been told the foul on Bowler in the box was a definite penalty and potentially a red card for going over the top of the ball. I’ve seen some terrible performances by officials this season but can’t remember one being so costly.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Granted we were awful yesterday but both their goals came from officiating mistakes - never a penalty or free kick leading to their second. Haven’t seen a replay but been told the foul on Bowler in the box was a definite penalty and potentially a red card for going over the top of the ball. I’ve seen some terrible performances by officials this season but can’t remember one being so costly.
    He was a poor ref, Capt Mainwaring in shorts with a whistle.

He was a poor ref, Capt Mainwaring in shorts with a whistle.
    Very strange performance, seemed to buy a lot of the cheap dives from Sunderland players then ignores all but the slightest foul in the penalty areas.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I don't believe it cost anything. I'm certain Sunderland would have won regardless who was refereeing. City were absolute garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't believe it cost anything. I'm certain Sunderland would have won regardless who was refereeing. City were absolute garbage.
    We couldn't get near them, referee may have made some mistakes but he certainly isn't the reason we lost