Match Officials:

Referee: JEREMY SIMPSON
    Assistants: Robert Hyde and Adam Crysell
    Fourth Official : Scott Tallis

Let’s hope it’s a good Friday.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Back to the serious stuff, can't wait.
    Feel almost embarrassed to say, but Sunderland more important me than Wales.
    Hopefully at tomorrow's presser we will get some info on Bulut's contract situation and perhaps something on Ramsey's future.
    Generally we do pretty well v Sunderland so I am hoping for a
    2-0 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Hopefully at tomorrow's presser we will get some info on Bulut's contract situation and perhaps something on Ramsey's future.
    2-0 win.
    Really? I was devastated with the Wales result on Tuesday, it will take time to recover that we were so close to qualifying for what will be a fantastic tournament in Germany and would have been great fun to attend, if you could get tickets. It’s also fantastic qualifying for major tournaments to raise the world profile of Wales as a country and just for Welsh football in general.

As for tomorrow’s game it already feels like a meaningless end of season game between 2 sides with nothing to play for now, though after that shit show against Swansea the players and manager do owe us a performance. I somehow feel it will be yet another dull defence based game though

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Really? I was devastated with the Wales result on Tuesday, it will take time to recover that we were so close to qualifying for what will be a fantastic tournament in Germany and would have been great fun to attend, if you could get tickets. It’s also fantastic qualifying for major tournaments to raise the world profile of Wales as a country and just for Welsh football in general.

As for tomorrow’s game it already feels like a meaningless end of season game between 2 sides with nothing to play for now, though after that shit show against Swansea the players and manager do owe us a performance. I somehow feel it will be yet another dull defence based game though
    Agree.

I could understand JC's view if there was anything riding on tomorrow's game.

Of course I want City to win but given the choice, for me there would be no doubt, it would be a Wales win.

Perhaps he is from one of the other home countries

Still gutted about Tuesday

After Swansea and Poland I'm so meh about this game

I'm going out of habit rather than looking forward to it

I believe its called being kicked in the balls once too many times

Anyway here's hoping to a great 1 nil win with an early goal followed by never ending defence and time wasting

Man of the match will be Goutas or Phillips and Bowler will cut inside every effin time he gets the ball yet again, Grant will run around a lot, the midfield will sit deep and pass it backwards a lot, Colwill will come on 65 minutes and everybody around me will say well why isn't he starting? Any one of our 3 'Centre Forwards' will start or come on at some point and never look like scoring as they stand 50 metres isolated from the next nearest player

1-0 Goutas from a corner 14 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree.

I could understand JC's view if there was anything riding on tomorrow's game.

Of course I want City to win but given the choice, for me there would be no doubt, it would be a Wales win.

Perhaps he is from one of the other home countries
    No, I am very Welsh!
    I understand what you're saying though. I ought to feel gutted but I don't. City have always been the b all and end all for me.
    I realise how important that game was for football in Wales. Would have loved to get to 🇩🇪.
    Perhaps Sunderland isn't so important after all.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Still gutted about Tuesday

After Swansea and Poland I'm so meh about this game

I'm going out of habit rather than looking forward to it

I believe its called being kicked in the balls once too many times

Anyway here's hoping to a great 1 nil win with an early goal followed by never ending defence and time wasting

Man of the match will be Goutas or Phillips and Bowler will cut inside every effin time he gets the ball yet again, Grant will run around a lot, the midfield will sit deep and pass it backwards a lot, Colwill will come on 65 minutes and everybody around me will say well why isn't he starting? Any one of our 3 'Centre Forwards' will start or come on at some point and never look like scoring as they stand 50 metres isolated from the next nearest player

1-0 Goutas from a corner 14 minutes
    You didn't enjoy the last home game against Ipswich then ?

A fixture close to my heart, my first ever City match December 1973. A 4-1 victory for the Bluebirds! As we left my Dad warned me it wouldn’t always be like this. He wasn’t wrong! Looking forward to tomorrow and blowing away the Wales blues. 3-0 Cardiff.

No Collins tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You didn't enjoy the last home game against Ipswich then ?
    I think he was talking about the fifteen before that and the one which followed it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    No Collins tomorrow

Every cloud....

No, I am very Welsh!
    I understand what you're saying though. I ought to feel gutted but I don't. City have always been the b all and end all for me.
    I realise how important that game was for football in Wales. Would have loved to get to 🇩🇪.
    Perhaps Sunderland isn't so important after all.
    Apology accepted

It almost feels too soon to go back after Tuesday. I would normally view City v Sunderland as one to look forward to. I hope it’s enjoyable but at this point it’s definitely an ‘out of habit’ trip tomorrow.

2-0 win.
    Don't feel embarrassed. Loads of us are indifferent about International football. I used to love going to Wales matches but I can't stand the nationalism so I don't bother anymore. Going tomorrow for the first time in ages and looking forward to it after a few games of not going (Bulut ball).

A while back I was chatting to a mate who supports Arsenal and is English and he could never understand how people can cheer players from rival teams when they play for England. He was quite clear about it. He hated anyone who didn't play for Arsenal! I respected that. Me, I can't stand Conner Roberts so I just give the game a swerve these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Don't feel embarrassed. Loads of us are indifferent about International football. I used to love going to Wales matches but I can't stand the nationalism so I don't bother anymore. Going tomorrow for the first time in ages and looking forward to it after a few games of not going (Bulut ball).

A while back I was chatting to a mate who supports Arsenal and is English and he could never understand how people can cheer players from rival teams when they play for England. He was quite clear about it. He hated anyone who didn't play for Arsenal! I respected that. Me, I can't stand Conner Roberts so I just give the game a swerve these days.
    Agree about the Wales Games. I appreciate that some people like singing the National Anthem 5 times in 80 minutes, but it's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree about the Wales Games. I appreciate that some people like singing the National Anthem 5 times in 80 minutes, but it's not for me.
    This. Then they applaud themselves after it

Christ, my eyes. 90 minutes. Do fans really clap themselves or are they clapping the song? A bit strange whatever the reason.

Cardiff City

First and last and always

Great to see Wales win but the Swansea defeat will linger a lot longer than Poland

For many years the national anthem was a bit of a damp squid at Wales games

Not so now which is great of course

City v Sunderland: A cast iron guarantee

A draw and 5 consecutive losses is their form. They are going to be spanked like a bad boy at Cliff Richard’s Portuguese villa.

I am telling you. A beating looms large for Sunderland. 2-0 to City. I rest my case.

TOMORROW WE ARE PUMPING ASS.BRING IT ON!!!!

I suppose it’s good we’re all different, supporting City has been mostly a joyless experience in recent years, Wales on the other hand have helped me keep my faith in the game.

As for flags, anthems etc I’m against them unless they’re Welsh and accept that’s a position I cannot logically defend except to say that I definitely get the hairs on the back of my neck standing up feeling when I hear the Welsh anthem sung well, so it’s just something within me which I cannot deny.

Re: City v Sunderland: A cast iron guarantee

I’d prefer a performance “today”

What a plank

Remember to wind your clocks back on Sunday

Let's hope City are at the races today !

Oh, hang on...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    For many years the national anthem was a bit of a damp squid at Wales games

Not so now which is great of course
    I agree and maybe I sounded a bit disrespectful but personally I think it devalues it singing it many times during the game.

Such a rousing anthem.