+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relative form of the teams we've beaten in the league this season

Relative form of the teams we've beaten in the league this season

The win over Ipswich recently brought to an end a run of 6 successive wins for the Tractor Boys. It also represents our best win of the season over a team in good form. I thought I'd have a look at our other league wins and how in-form (or otherwise) our opponents were at the time. All of these look at the previous 5 fixtures for each opponent.

Sunderland had won 13 points from 15 when we beat them in September. They are also the only other opponent to have won their previous 3 league fixtures before facing us.

Sheffield Wednesday had won 3 out of 5 before we won at Hillsborough.

Beyond those 3, no side had won more than 2 of their previous 5 games before playing us.

Stat breakdown (no of wins from previous 5 games):

5 wins - 1 opponent
    4 wins - 1 opponent
    3 wins - 1 opponent
    2 wins - 5 opponents
    1 win - 6 opponents
    0 wins - 2 opponents (Sheff Wed at the start of the season hadn't won any of their first 3 fixtures)

Half of our victories have come against teams with 1 or fewer wins in their previous 5 games. Should auger well for tomorrow, with Sunderland hopelessly out of form.

International

Re: Relative form of the teams we've beaten in the league this season

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The win over Ipswich recently brought to an end a run of 6 successive wins for the Tractor Boys. It also represents our best win of the season over a team in good form. I thought I'd have a look at our other league wins and how in-form (or otherwise) our opponents were at the time. All of these look at the previous 5 fixtures for each opponent.

Sunderland had won 13 points from 15 when we beat them in September. They are also the only other opponent to have won their previous 3 league fixtures before facing us.

Sheffield Wednesday had won 3 out of 5 before we won at Hillsborough.

Beyond those 3, no side had won more than 2 of their previous 5 games before playing us.

Stat breakdown (no of wins from previous 5 games):

5 wins - 1 opponent
    4 wins - 1 opponent
    3 wins - 1 opponent
    2 wins - 5 opponents
    1 win - 6 opponents
    0 wins - 2 opponents (Sheff Wed at the start of the season hadn't won any of their first 3 fixtures)

Half of our victories have come against teams with 1 or fewer wins in their previous 5 games. Should auger well for tomorrow, with Sunderland hopelessly out of form.
    Nice positive ending

Re: Relative form of the teams we've beaten in the league this season

didn't help us against Swansea did it