+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulut: Uncertainty over my future could be affecting players

Bulut: Uncertainty over my future could be affecting players

Erol Bulut’s one-year contract expires at the end of the season and the Bluebirds' boss said there has been no communication from the board over a new deal

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut admitted that doubts about his future could be impacting on his players have hid side were outclassed 2-0 by Sunderland at the Cardiff City Stadium.

A second successive defeat – Cardiff had lost 2-0 to Welsh rivals Swansea before the international break – ended the Bluebirds’ slim play-off hopes.

Erol Bulut’s one-year contract expires at the end of the season and the Bluebirds manager conceded that uncertainty over his future could be impacting on performances.

Bulut said: “It can be (affecting players). I don’t have any problems. I respect it from the board if they are not coming with a new offer.

“I’m focusing on my job until the end of the season. Until now we haven’t had any communication about that, so let’s see.”

On a poor performance, Bulut added: “During the international break, the players trained really well so I was expecting a much better game.

“To see that performance, it hurts. I have to be honest, from the 39 games we’ve played this season, this was one of the worst.”

Sunderland interim manager Mike Dodds hailed the impact of Jobe Bellingham as a centre-forward after Sunderland claimed their first win since February 10.

Bellingham, the 18-year-old younger brother of England and Real Madrid midfielder Jude, won an early penalty before scoring his seventh goal of the season in all-round mature performance.

“We should be excited about his performance, something we can build on moving forward,” said Dodds, who revealed he has held conversations with Bellingham about his best position after tending to play him in midfield.

“He’s scored a goal and done well in the the game. He’s a coach’s dream, if I said go and play in goal he would just crack on with it.

“What he has got, which many number nines don’t have in this league, is unbelievable quality with his feet – a centre-midfielder playing up front.

“He gave us a platform to play off but you’ve got to remember he’s a second-year scholar playing in the Championship.

“He’s 18 and I know he carries the weight of his brother, which I think sometimes is unfair.

“But if you put that to one side, you’ve just seen a second-year scholar who has been exceptional and should be playing youth-team football.”

Re: Bulut: Uncertainty over my future could be affecting players

Total hogwash

Dangerous comments for him to make given that dreadful showing today, almost as if they want to ensure he doesn't stay rather than busting a gut to help him stay.

Nigel Pearson incoming in June.

Uncertainty in my local bakers marriage has been linked to his bread...could be the yeast?

Bullshit

Nonsense and poor timing.

Bulut dodges.

For somebody who doesnt let his contract negotiations bother him. He sure does bring it up every game..

and to suggest its now impacting the players LOL he is desperate and he knows his time is up.

Sack him over text message and lets move on with a caretaker.

He's looking for sympathy again? He was lucky not to get booted in January after his comments then. The club let him get away with that so he thinks he can keep pushing it now. He needs to go

I am relieved it is never his fault. Incredible really, the bloke talks so much crap. We've been dire for months and months (and this started wayyyy before December). Sack him now.

How on earth did we go on that run of wins before the Jacks game?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How on earth did we go on that run of wins before the Jacks game?
    The negativity didn't affect us for those 4 but it has come back. Obviously

I've never known a manager to 'perform' like Bulut has done over the past few months. Let's face it, he's now panicking as the results and performances are losing him what little kudos he has with the board. I just wonder if the players have lost respect for him..

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    Erol Bulut’s one-year contract expires at the end of the season and the Bluebirds' boss said there has been no communication from the board over a new deal

https://nation.cymru/sport/bulut-unc...cting-players/
    The only thing affecting the players is Bulut's managerial and coaching skills

Utterly clueless. Get him out and start again.

Let’s be honest about this, he’s a snake oil salesman who has been found out

He came here looking to use the club as a stepping stone to the Premier League and his tactics and anti football shite wouldn’t get him a job in the Welsh premier league.

Against our biggest rivals, we bottled it and Bulut accused his players of hiding, so his response was to pick the same shithouses, like Bowler and Wintle for today.

Obviously it was tough for Bowler and he had to keep his gloves on, bless his cotton socks his little Danny’s were cold

Wintle was fortunate to play for a coach who allowed him to have the Bank holiday off along with the crowd

I’m surprised that Bulut hasn’t come out and claimed that Sunderland will be challenging Man City for the Premier League title next season as they were a class above, as you can see by their recent performances over the last 7 games 🤷*♂️

Bulut couldn’t motivate an alcoholic to drink a glass of Whisky

He talks a great game and he understands the importance of a derby as he’s managed in Istanbul!!!

Reality is he has been found out and in truth he really isn’t that good imho

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Let’s be honest about this, he’s a snake oil salesman who has been found out

He came here looking to use the club as a stepping stone to the Premier League and his tactics and anti football shite wouldn’t get him a job in the Welsh premier league.

Against our biggest rivals, we bottled it and Bulut accused his players of hiding, so his response was to pick the same shithouses, like Bowler and Wintle for today.

Obviously it was tough for Bowler and he had to keep his gloves on, bless his cotton socks his little Danny’s were cold

Wintle was fortunate to play for a coach who allowed him to have the Bank holiday off along with the crowd

I’m surprised that Bulut hasn’t come out and claimed that Sunderland will be challenging Man City for the Premier League title next season as they were a class above, as you can see by their recent performances over the last 7 games ��*♂️

Bulut couldn’t motivate an alcoholic to drink a glass of Whisky

He talks a great game and he understands the importance of a derby as he’s managed in Istanbul!!!

Reality is he has been found out and in truth he really isn’t that good imho
    This with knobs on.

Yer get another manager in, watch him go on a decent win run then start to lose then sack him .

Groundhog Day.

Too many loan players who in thier heads have already left the club or on holiday is more like the reason for our faltering end of season.

He's right they know he won't be thier manager so feck him .

Why blame the manager every time surely they have some pride , or commitment to us or do they ??

He's shit the sooner people realise the better.
    His football is utter garbage whoever he had the side.
    I'd take any fooker over Mr excuse

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    He's shit the sooner people realise the better.
    His football is utter garbage whoever he had the side.
    I'd take any fooker over Mr excuse
    What about the actual performance of the players , they are paid a lot of money , even if the tactics are not right surely a decent performance or effort is deserved to the paying fans ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What about the actual performance of the players , they are paid a lot of money , even if the tactics are not right surely a decent performance or effort is deserved to the paying fans ??
    BulutFc is taking a mighty hit today.. nvm we'll scrape a last 10m winner against some poor down on their luck team eventually then you can come roaring back with your backside smooching

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They’re trying, obbiously. They just haven’t got a clue what to do. Also if your employees are consistently underperforming, it might be a sign you’re not a very good manager…

Wouldn’t surprise me if this mug ends up getting another contract. I mean, someone at the club authorised Wintle and Ralls getting new deals so why not the hat trick?

Clubs a ****ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The only thing affecting the players is Bulut's managerial and coaching skills