+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut’s Cardiff City, the team that keep on finding new depths to plumb.

Erol Bulut’s Cardiff City, the team that keep on finding new depths to plumb.

Worst yet this season as out of form Sunderland walk all over us.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Erol Bulut’s Cardiff City, the team that keep on finding new depths to plumb.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Thanks Bob as always an accurate reflection; it’s just so poor again this season to watch us let alone read about it!! However, you are again right in what you say.

I was sat there yesterday with two of my sons, who are city through and through but I can see the energy slipping out of one boys support. He made one comment that was hard to disagree with…

“At least his u13 team mates know who’s supposed to be where in midfield”

Re: Erol Bulut’s Cardiff City, the team that keep on finding new depths to plumb.

Watching us reminds me of Sonny Liston V Muhammed Ali. We are big, strong slow and static. How do we train for a team like Sunderland? We can't replicate them.

A static back four, both full backs hugging the touchline but never advanced, so has inverted has been ditched? Two defensive, strong but static CM's. No idea what CO'D was doing yesterday, a sort of inside forward attacking midfielder.
    I don't know if it's conditioning or tactics with Colwill as in my opinion he has to come deep to get on the ball, but he looks lost. When Rambo came on and did the same thing, nothing was in front of him.

Bulut has run out of ideas and energy. It's all too slow. The championship is a mixture of skill and physicality, we almost play walking football it's so static, but with big strong boys who only play to that strength at set plays.

Whoever extended Ralls and Wintles contracts needs shooting as we are stuck with that axis for another two seasons !!!

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Watching us reminds me of Sonny Liston V Muhammed Ali. We are big, strong slow and static. How do we train for a team like Sunderland? We can't replicate them.

A static back four, both full backs hugging the touchline but never advanced, so has inverted has been ditched? Two defensive, strong but static CM's. No idea what CO'D was doing yesterday, a sort of inside forward attacking midfielder.
    I don't know if it's conditioning or tactics with Colwill as in my opinion he has to come deep to get on the ball, but he looks lost. When Rambo came on and did the same thing, nothing was in front of him.

Bulut has run out of ideas and energy. It's all too slow. The championship is a mixture of skill and physicality, we almost play walking football it's so static, but with big strong boys who only play to that strength at set plays.

Whoever extended Ralls and Wintles contracts needs shooting as we are stuck with that axis for another two seasons !!!
    Ralls and Wintle. Two players who are 100% incapable of receiving a football at their feet and moving it/passing it forward. So, in effect, they're not midfielders but defenders playing in midfield. Two more seasons ? Even I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the grief anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ralls and Wintle. Two players who are 100% incapable of receiving a football at their feet and moving it/passing it forward. So, in effect, they're not midfielders but defenders playing in midfield. Two more seasons ? Even I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the grief anymore..
    And Bulut gave them both new contracts. I’d love to know where this myth he wants to play free flowing attacking football came from? And also how he doesn’t have the players to do it, and yet seemingly wants to keep the majority of the current squad together?!

This all day long i have never seen a midfield pass backwards when the opponents half.

Enjoyed that more than the game. I’ve noticed they’ve switched but I’m sure Phillips has been RCB for a while. There’s going to be an interesting decision to be made when McGuinness is fit. I think he has to play, myself, as he’s our player and he’s one of a handful that might get better.

On that though, how many players has Bulut improved? On that basis alone, he can’t continue

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Enjoyed that more than the game. I’ve noticed they’ve switched but I’m sure Phillips has been RCB for a while. There’s going to be an interesting decision to be made when McGuinness is fit. I think he has to play, myself, as he’s our player and he’s one of a handful that might get better.

On that though, how many players has Bulut improved? On that basis alone, he can’t continue
    McGuiness for me. With Phillips playing Goutas is the lead CB, which he isn't good at. McGuiness is also better than Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And Bulut gave them both new contracts. I’d love to know where this myth he wants to play free flowing attacking football came from?
    Futsal Freddie, aka Mozzer. Nobody else. Even the reports from Turkey suggested Bulut was a defensive manager.

This side is so negative it’s untrue. I’m not convinced that a different manager would have got this lot any further up the table as, in my opinion, City are 11th more by luck than judgement. We are not a top half team. But I’m 100% convinced a whole host of other managers would have had the side playing better, more entertaining, more progressive football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Futsal Freddie, aka Mozzer. Nobody else. Even the reports from Turkey suggested Bulut was a defensive manager.

This side is so negative it’s untrue. I’m not convinced that a different manager would have got this lot any further up the table as, in my opinion, City are 11th more by luck than judgement. We are not a top half team. But I’m 100% convinced a whole host of other managers would have had the side playing better, more entertaining, more progressive football.
    What you said. Bulut’s defenders are now saying who would come here with limited financial support and who could get them playing better? Half the teams in the division have less money than we do and the majority of them are a better watch. God we are dull, which is the worst charge. It’s just so boring, and then we still lose

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

They say the table doesn't lie, but we've been battered home and away by Sunderland who are a mid table side. We got lucky in the away leg and it's luck and set pieces that have kept us in mid-table this season, rather than any progressive management.

I can't believe he's got any defenders left (except those on the pitch,plenty of those!). The football is dire and I'm fed up of watching it. As Bob says, even the wins are ugly. I've already decided not to get a season ticket for next season, mostly because I don't know if I'll be well enough to attend, but also the anti-entertainment of the football on display and only 5 home games next season with a 3pm Saturday kick off means that even if I was well enough, I'd probably wouldn't have anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Good report as always.

Whilst I agree with those who point the finger at the players and the board, I came away from that embarrassment yesterday fully in the Bulut Out camp.

He has players that are capable of so much more - and have shown it at different times this season - but managed to put on a masterclass of slow, negative, confused incompetence.

As a group they seemed incapable of passing a football to a team mate - they just couldn't keep possession for more than a few passes, especially in the first half. Compared to the crispness, the speed and the clarity of Sunderland's kids it was dire.

And Bulut stood in his technical area looking detached and lost. The players (with maybe one or two exceptions) had a collective shocker - but Bulut picks the team, decides the set up and tactics, makes the subs, trains with them to supposedly improve their skills, understanding and game intelligence, sets the culture and the mindset. On the evidence of most of the season he isn't very good at it.

I was on the fence with Bulut (we could end up with worse) but now I'm off it. I have no confidence in him and want a change. For what it's worth, i think he probably killed any hope of a contract extension in January with his public outburst that won't have gone down well with Tan. The deafening silence on his contract since suggests he will be out the door. I doubt even Dalman is making much of a case for him. League position improved, but nothing else in the positive column.

We're 11th ?

Have called look at the teams below us . Some big names ??

Players on holiday seeing out contracts , they know there not likely to be with us or near the manager next season.

We've done better than I thought up until Swansea game.

Players let us down where the comments on thier commitment.

Going through the motions now..

Manager blame is for those who won't recognise player failures.

Think about what they earn per week .

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzlebluebirds View Post
    I can't believe he's got any defenders left (except those on the pitch,plenty of those!). The football is dire and I'm fed up of watching it. As Bob says, even the wins are ugly. I've already decided not to get a season ticket for next season, mostly because I don't know if I'll be well enough to attend, but also the anti-entertainment of the football on display and only 5 home games next season with a 3pm Saturday kick off means that even if I was well enough, I'd probably wouldn't have anyway.
    "...only 5 home games next season with a 3pm Saturday kick off..." It will be 8 or 9 based on their schedule, i.e. 33 weekend fixture schedules and 7 of 12 each weekend of Championship games at 3pm on Saturday.

Are we considered the most overachieving team simply because there were some who thought, on the outside looking in, we would struggle?

Until recently I was firmly in the camp of giving him until the end of the season and then decide. I still think he should stay until the end of the season - there's no point replacing him before then - but he should definitely not get his contract renewed and we should be looking now for a replacement. We won't though obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We're 11th ?

Have called look at the teams below us . Some big names ??

Players on holiday seeing out contracts , they know there not likely to be with us or near the manager next season.

We've done better than I thought up until Swansea game.

Players let us down where the comments on thier commitment.

Going through the motions now..

Manager blame is for those who won't recognise player failures.

Think about what they earn per week .
    Neither Swansea or Sunderland appeared to be going through the motions. What's the reason for the difference in attitude if it isn't the manager ?

Another spot on article. With a few notable exceptions, most of the players, guided by the manager, feel that minimum effort is more than enough. The whole strategy is based on a final, desperate fling.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    "...only 5 home games next season with a 3pm Saturday kick off..." It will be 8 or 9 based on their schedule, i.e. 33 weekend fixture schedules and 7 of 12 each weekend of Championship games at 3pm on Saturday.
    Thanks! That serves me right for reading the other board Still not a lot of 3pm Saturday games when you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzlebluebirds View Post
    Thanks! That serves me right for reading the other board Still not a lot of 3pm Saturday games when you think of it.
    Maybe someone thought Bulut's Total Football will see us dominate the league and be Sky's first choice for the maximum number of games possible.
    Not that I'm aware of there being a maximum!

Neither Swansea or Sunderland appeared to be going through the motions. What's the reason for the difference in attitude if it isn't the manager ?
    cocaine is one hell of a drug

Must have David Icke working for them in that case

Bob! I've only just read as I couldn't face it until today.