+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut’s Cardiff City, the team that keep on finding new depths to plumb.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Erol Bulut’s Cardiff City, the team that keep on finding new depths to plumb.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Watching us reminds me of Sonny Liston V Muhammed Ali. We are big, strong slow and static. How do we train for a team like Sunderland? We can't replicate them.

A static back four, both full backs hugging the touchline but never advanced, so has inverted has been ditched? Two defensive, strong but static CM's. No idea what CO'D was doing yesterday, a sort of inside forward attacking midfielder.
    I don't know if it's conditioning or tactics with Colwill as in my opinion he has to come deep to get on the ball, but he looks lost. When Rambo came on and did the same thing, nothing was in front of him.

Bulut has run out of ideas and energy. It's all too slow. The championship is a mixture of skill and physicality, we almost play walking football it's so static, but with big strong boys who only play to that strength at set plays.

Whoever extended Ralls and Wintles contracts needs shooting as we are stuck with that axis for another two seasons !!!
    Ralls and Wintle. Two players who are 100% incapable of receiving a football at their feet and moving it/passing it forward. So, in effect, they're not midfielders but defenders playing in midfield. Two more seasons ? Even I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the grief anymore..

Re: Erol Bulut’s Cardiff City, the team that keep on finding new depths to plumb.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ralls and Wintle. Two players who are 100% incapable of receiving a football at their feet and moving it/passing it forward. So, in effect, they're not midfielders but defenders playing in midfield. Two more seasons ? Even I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the grief anymore..
    And Bulut gave them both new contracts. I’d love to know where this myth he wants to play free flowing attacking football came from? And also how he doesn’t have the players to do it, and yet seemingly wants to keep the majority of the current squad together?!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    This all day long i have never seen a midfield pass backwards when the opponents half.