+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Re: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

When Ive seen him play - he has had an affect , teams up nicely with Tanner, not sure if he is as sharp as he should be though. Which explains the 50/50 opinions on him - I would guess. Cant have everything, but I would start him every game next season - at least for the first 20 or so games

Bulut has had one January window without an embargo and has had his best player out for most of the season. He has turned us from relegation fodder to mid-table. I don't think he's done too badly.

It's been frustrating, mid-table always is, and mostly it hasn't been easy on the eye.

If we keep Bulut, I don't expect us to be relegation fodder next season, and there is a chance we can improve as he puts more of his stamp on the team.

Hopefully he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He had a limited choice of players, we were placed under an EFL transfer embargo, so only partly backed and the players he did want in January were out of reach.
    The thing is that Tan takes FFP very seriously (as he needs to), so spending millions on players is unlikely in the summer. Before the embargo we had to get rid of players before we could bring any in, mostly frees or low cost transfers and I see this summer being no different.

Anyone thinking that Bulut will have a war chest to spend this summer to bring in lots of good players is living in cloud cuckoo land. Our wage bill can't afford to rise much, either.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The thing is that Tan takes FFP very seriously (as he needs to), so spending millions on players is unlikely in the summer. Before the embargo we had to get rid of players before we could bring any in, mostly frees or low cost transfers and I see this summer being no different.

Anyone thinking that Bulut will have a war chest to spend this summer to bring in lots of good players is living in cloud cuckoo land. Our wage bill can't afford to rise much, either.
    Agreed but at least he will have the whole of the market option as we won't be under an embargo, the players he signed improved us dramatically, he can do the same again, build on that and take another step forward, we need to prioritise a left back and Striker and he will know that.

the players he signed improved us dramatically.
    Couldn't agree more. Diedhiou, Runarsson, Panzo, Ugbo and Meite were superb signings. Siopis is a 9/10 every game and Turnbull will light up the Championship next season.

International

Couldn't agree more. Diedhiou, Runarsson, Panzo, Ugbo and Meite were superb signings. Siopis is a 9/10 every game and Turnbull will light up the Championship next season.
    So by your logic we are worse than last year and haven't improved our league position?

You do understand we were under an embargo and are ten places higher after losing the three best players, don't you?

And that he was denied better players because we had a relatively low budget

The heading is for sensible debate.

So by your logic we are worse than last year and haven't improved our league position?

You do understand we were under an embargo and are ten places higher after losing the three best players, don't you?
    I was questioning your ridiculous comment that all the players Bulut signed have improved us dramatically, which is utter nonsense.

If I was to say who our top 6 players have been this season I'd say (in no order) Ralls, Ng, Alnwick, Colwill, Goutas, Phillips. 4 of those were here before Bulut joined us. Add to that Wintle, McGuinness and Collins, who have had long spells in the starting line up. Of Bulut's signings, Phillips, Goutas, Grant and Horvath have been good, Siopis has been hit and miss, Bowler picks up goals but often looks poor. The rest haven't been up to much at all.

It is probably my old mind (I was 70 a couple of weeks ago) playing tricks but do I detect the merest smidgeon of sarcasm in your response there Eric?

Surely that is not the Eric we know and love (platonically I hasten to add)?

By the way glad to see you back Eric.

I hope your health is better after your mild heart attack young man.

And Bowler. Top notch 100%er. Great with both feet. We should break the bank to sign him permanently.

International

I was questioning your ridiculous comment that all the players Bulut signed have improved us dramatically, which is utter nonsense.

If I was to say who our top 6 players have been this season I'd say (in no order) Ralls, Ng, Alnwick, Colwill, Goutas, Phillips. 4 of those were here before Bulut joined us. Add to that Wintle, McGuinness and Collins, who have had long spells in the starting line up. Of Bulut's signings, Phillips, Goutas, Grant and Horvath have been good, Siopis has been hit and miss, Bowler picks up goals but often looks poor. The rest haven't been up to much at all.
    Where did I say ALL???

Stop making shit up because you are wrong.

He signed good players that had taken us from 21st saved on points and 11th.

International

Top six NG (improved no end) Phillips, Goutas, Grant, hard after that probably Colwill (improved no end) Ralls, Ramsey and O'Dowda would have been in if not injured.

Goutas, Ramsey if not injured, Grant, Horvath, Phillips, Soipis, Esbrand, Meite, and Bowler have overall on our budget and of course, we couldn't sign players been very good and improved the team from 21st to 11th.

We do need a hairdresser in the changing room, poor old Bowler is forever having to adjust his barnet.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We do need a hairdresser in the changing room, poor old Bowler is forever having to adjust his barnet.
    Aye he can go, showed promise at the start but has faded or late!

And that he was denied better players because we had a relatively low budget

The heading is for sensible debate.
    Of Buluts signings, who would you keep at the club next season? For me there's Goutas, Philips (but we probably can't afford him), Horvarth and Grant, though I wouldn't pay what Grant is likely to cost. As for improving the squad Kipre was probably better than either Goutas or Philips, Horvarth is no better than Allsop (though very different types of keeper) Philogene was much better than Bowler. Midfield is better though more so in terms of numbers rather than excellence - Siopis can **** off back to Mykonos, and Turnbull can pass though not yet convinced he is up to the demands of the Championship. And Kaba was better than Meite, Dieddhou and Ugbo combined.

I could warm to the idea of Bulut here next season, were it not for the fact he handed 2yr contract extensions to Ralls and Wintle. Makes me suspicious of his ongoing plans..

International

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Of Buluts signings, who would you keep at the club next season? For me there's Goutas, Philips (but we probably can't afford him), Horvarth and Grant, though I wouldn't pay what Grant is likely to cost. As for improving the squad Kipre was probably better than either Goutas or Philips, Horvarth is no better than Allsop (though very different types of keeper) Philogene was much better than Bowler. Midfield is better though more so in terms of numbers rather than excellence - Siopis can **** off back to Mykonos, and Turnbull can pass though not yet convinced he is up to the demands of the Championship. And Kaba was better than Meite, Dieddhou and Ugbo combined.
    We would be very good if we hadn't lost the three best players.

I think I agree that Phillips, Goutas, Horvath, Grant, and Turnbull will look better in time and with better players around him.

Whats happened to Soipis, he looked excellent for the first six games or so and has faded badly the same as Bowler.

Cowlill should come good we desperately need a quality Striker and some pacey wide players.

We would be very good if we hadn't lost the three best players.

I think I agree that Phillips, Goutas, Horvath, Grant, and Turnbull will look better in time and with better players around him.

Whats happened to Soipis, he looked excellent for the first six games or so and has faded badly the same as Bowler.

Cowlill should come good we desperately need a quality Striker and some pacey wide players.
    We lost our 3 best players but you said Bulut significantly improved the squad. Make your mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by not telling View Post
    Bulut has had one January window without an embargo and has had his best player out for most of the season. He has turned us from relegation fodder to mid-table. I don't think he's done too badly.

It's been frustrating, mid-table always is, and mostly it hasn't been easy on the eye.

If we keep Bulut, I don't expect us to be relegation fodder next season, and there is a chance we can improve as he puts more of his stamp on the team.

Hopefully he stays.
    your opinion is like a fart in the wind in this fanbase. Unfortunately you are not a silent one which is a bit embarrassing for you

International

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    We lost our 3 best players but you said Bulut significantly improved the squad. Make your mind up.
    We did lose our three best players.

We signed others and improved the squad and moved from 21st only because teams below had points deducted otherwise 22nd or 23rd to 11th.

It would be playoffs probably with Philogene, Kaba and Kirpre.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    your opinion is like a fart in the wind in this fanbase. Unfortunately you are not a silent one which is a bit embarrassing for you
    Far from being embarrassed, I am going to double down on my comments. Elsewhere on this board, two managers have been marked out as having done a good job this season in our league. They have been at their clubs 7 and 3 years. Alex Ferguson famously took four years to get into his stride at Man U and when Arteta went to Arsenal their was a lot of talk early on that he would not survive.

If it's a disaster, change it, and change it quickly. If it's not a disaster, give the manager time. I am fed up with all this chopping and changing.

International

Bulut on if he would develop the style of play if he was to be kept on:

“Of course, we have to see what kind of transfer we can get and then we can also we can change a few things in our game plan."

Erol Bulut: I have my transfer targets no matter where I end up

Cardiff manager Erol Bulut said he is "prepared" for the summer and has drawn up a transfer list with his coaching staff – regardless of whether he is Bluebirds boss next season.

The manager — and players — has urged Tan to make the decision as quickly as possible, so the likes of pre-season and transfer plans can be thrashed out. But Bulut, who has previously said he has been unable to look ahead to the summer window, has said he and his coaching team have ideal targets in mind if they are allowed to continue into a second season.

“I want to stay and have asked to stay, but for months now I have had no reply.”
    "With my squad and coaching group we have many players on our list," Bulut said when asked about summer transfer plans.

"Also with the club, with the recruitment team, we spoke about many players. I am prepared a little for the next season if we can continue, so we can go on.”

"But we don’t have much time so many players, you know the market is not cheap, so the club have to make a quick decision and quick plans to go on, otherwise it will be too late."

Bulut on if he would develop the style of play if he was to be kept on:

“Of course, we have to see what kind of transfer we can get and then we can also we can change a few things in our game plan."

Erol Bulut: I have my transfer targets no matter where I end up

Cardiff manager Erol Bulut said he is "prepared" for the summer and has drawn up a transfer list with his coaching staff – regardless of whether he is Bluebirds boss next season.

The manager — and players — has urged Tan to make the decision as quickly as possible, so the likes of pre-season and transfer plans can be thrashed out. But Bulut, who has previously said he has been unable to look ahead to the summer window, has said he and his coaching team have ideal targets in mind if they are allowed to continue into a second season.

“I want to stay and have asked to stay, but for months now I have had no reply.”
    "With my squad and coaching group we have many players on our list," Bulut said when asked about summer transfer plans.

"Also with the club, with the recruitment team, we spoke about many players. I am prepared a little for the next season if we can continue, so we can go on.”

"But we don’t have much time so many players, you know the market is not cheap, so the club have to make a quick decision and quick plans to go on, otherwise it will be too late."
    It won't be long until they let you move into the Bulut Cult Compound.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It won't be long until they let you move into the Bulut Cult Compound.
    NCB would have perished to death in WACO.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    NCB would have perished to death in WACO.
    You're the Waco