+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut's Cardiff City squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Erol Bulut's Cardiff City squad

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Despite not being able to spend money on actual transfer fees, I’m pretty confident Bulut had a bigger overall playing budget than most other City managers in recent times and also a bigger budget than plenty of other Championship managers last summer.

As for January, I guess we’ll never know exactly what happened there, but the Kieffer Moore nonsense ended up exactly as I and many others always believed it would, and I thought Bulut was very unprofessional while talking about that particular situation.
    And people criticise Steve Morison's signings, which I'm willing to guess were a fraction of what Bulut's have cost in terms of wages. And Ugbo ? Forgot it was a season long loan - he was considerably better than that lazy sod we had up front in the second half..

Ollie Tanner got a three year deal because of the Swansea game (unless i'm wrong) if there was ever evidence enough that plenty of people who work in Professional football are shit at what they do then this is it. Tanner is non league level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ollie Tanner got a three year deal because of the Swansea game (unless i'm wrong) if there was ever evidence enough that plenty of people who work in Professional football are shit at what they do then this is it. Tanner is non league level.
    If that. Couldn't get a game for York last season. He really hasn't proved he's even non league level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    If that. Couldn't get a game for York last season. He really hasn't proved he's even non league level yet.
    That's a fair shout.

That's a fair shout.
    watching on tv yesterday we looked like a pub side made up of p1$$heads who couldn't be &rsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    watching on tv yesterday we looked like a pub side made up of p1$$heads who couldn't be &rsed.
    If only.......

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    That’s disrespectful to pub teams, they all care because they gotta face the inquest back at the pub !

Our lot, just go home, wages in the bank and give us the same shite next game. No inquiry

That's a fair shout.
    I don't think it is to be fair. I saw enough of Tanner pre-season and early season to say that he's a decent enough footballer and deserves his break out of non-league football. He has something imo. Is he good enough for a season in The Championship? Absolutely not but he'd easily play in L2 (and I love my L2 football as you know).

Every player is sh*t out on the park for Cardiff City at the moment and has been for most of 2024. Nobody is doing anything well. There were still plenty of fans clapping these players off the park yesterday when the stadium should have been empty.

I don't like singling out any of the players too much when they're all shite. I think that's down to Bulut. The team is shite. The manager is shite and the football is dire, mind-numbingly, bad shite on top.

I agree with you about why the f*ck as fans are we constantly defending this but I keep asking the question "how is it that every f*cking footballer that comes to Cardiff City and is playing for Cardiff City is worse than before they came here?"

I absolutely love Siopis. 63 appearances for Trabzonspor before he came here. Is there a single Cardiff City player who would be signed for them? He's sh*t now.

Turnbull. Why was he on the bench yesterday? Fans are already calling him sh*t.

Ralls. Why was he given an extension (probably because the sentimentality that's rife throughout our club is catching)? He was sh*t again yesterday.

I got home in a furious mood yesterday. After reading that there'll only be about 8 afternoon matches next season. Wet, cold and p*ssed off (again) me and Mrs C had a long talk and said "f*ck it. That's enough". No more ST for us. We've turned into a miserable club, with miserable football and miserable owners (and yes, I'm know a miserable fan).

So, we can analyse the players as much as we want. But this is Erol's squad. This is Erol's football. And Erol's football is shite and turns good players into shite.

F*ck I feel better for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't think it is to be fair. I saw enough of Tanner pre-season and early season to say that he's a decent enough footballer and deserves his break out of non-league football. He has something imo. Is he good enough for a season in The Championship? Absolutely not but he'd easily play in L2 (and I love my L2 football as you know).

Every player is sh*t out on the park for Cardiff City at the moment and has been for most of 2024. Nobody is doing anything well. There were still plenty of fans clapping these players off the park yesterday when the stadium should have been empty.

I don't like singling out any of the players too much when they're all shite. I think that's down to Bulut. The team is shite. The manager is shite and the football is dire, mind-numbingly, bad shite on top.

I agree with you about why the f*ck as fans are we constantly defending this but I keep asking the question "how is it that every f*cking footballer that comes to Cardiff City and is playing for Cardiff City is worse than before they came here?"

I absolutely love Siopis. 63 appearances for Trabzonspor before he came here. Is there a single Cardiff City player who would be signed for them? He's sh*t now.

Turnbull. Why was he on the bench yesterday? Fans are already calling him sh*t.

Ralls. Why was he given an extension (probably because the sentimentality that's rife throughout our club is catching)? He was sh*t again yesterday.

I got home in a furious mood yesterday. After reading that there'll only be about 8 afternoon matches next season. Wet, cold and p*ssed off (again) me and Mrs C had a long talk and said "f*ck it. That's enough". No more ST for us. We've turned into a miserable club, with miserable football and miserable owners (and yes, I'm know a miserable fan).

So, we can analyse the players as much as we want. But this is Erol's squad. This is Erol's football. And Erol's football is shite and turns good players into shite.

F*ck I feel better for that!
    Good post. Don't agree with you on Tanner, although i have to conceed that you have seen much more of him than i have. And i get that Erol Bulut is the common denominator, and that he is shit and he should have gone after the last game in my opinion. But to make 25 players shit, every one of them (Outfield) would take some doing, in fact, it would take some skill to nullify a whole workforce and take away anything good that they have. That's quite a feat. As fot not bothering next season, don't blame you one inch. I can't watch that garbage either. It makes me angry.

Good post. Don't agree with you on Tanner, although i have to conceed that you have seen much more of him than i have. And i get that Erol Bulut is the common denominator, and that he is shit and he should have gone after the last game in my opinion. But to make 25 players shit, every one of them (Outfield) would take some doing, in fact, it would take some skill to nullify a whole workforce and take away anything good that they have. That's quite a feat. As fot not bothering next season, don't blame you one inch. I can't watch that garbage either. It makes me angry.
    Yeah, I ain't going to double down on my argument. You got me there on the 'some feat' point......but.....

....I'll take on board your football knowledge and experience. I have, however, seen whole teams in the workplace lose confidence though and start underperforming when they've the wrong leaders. Manager. Captain. Those mythical 'wunderkinds' who are good for the dressing room. It can all stack up to the perfect storm.

I'm not going to die on Tanner's hill either as I agree with you about something you've advocated for a long time this season. How is it that none of the players are taking the games by the scruff? You know from my posts I was a big Tomlin fan. I think he'd play his own game and bring everyone with him....regardless of Bulut's 'instructions'. It's probably why Warnock didn't get the best out of him....anyway....I digress (sort of).

Edit: ....still love Siopis though!

The complete contrast in attitude in league and cup games is strange, but I would suggest that Bulut is largely responsible for the awfulness of most of City’s football in the Championship.Id argue that we play with nine mainly defensively minded players in the Championship and then you look at the defences we put out in the Cup games with Birmingham, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday and wonder is this really the same manager?

People are talking about Tanner in this thread, well he’s looked a different player in those cup games to the one we’ve seen in the league since the early autumn - Bulut lets the players off the leash when we’re not playing in the Championship.