+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Didn’t realise David Marshall was still playing !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Didn’t realise David Marshall was still playing !

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah. Funnily enough, I've got an invitation to go and watch them via the other half of someone at the club (the full hospitality package....no...not like that you filthy lot). Never been there so I fancy it. Anyone been to their ground recently. Jimmy?
    Visited Easter Road a few times, worth the visit and the pre match experience is very decent with sn abundance of pubs around.

If with the wife, Edinburgh is easy on the eye although I do like Leith which is a lot grittier than the city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Visited Easter Road a few times, worth the visit and the pre match experience is very decent with sn abundance of pubs around.

If with the wife, Edinburgh is easy on the eye although I do like Leith which is a lot grittier than the city centre.
    Cheers, Jordi. Thanks for that. Yeah. Mrs C will be there. My friends live in Stirling. I'm really up for it to be honest. Never been to a match in Scotland but it's on the bucket list.

One of the best cities about for a city break . Great vibe to it , did a bit of walking in the Pentland Hills early December on my way up North . Liked the look of the Christmas Markets so did an Easy Jet city break (great value) before xmas , watched Real Betis v Rangers in a West End sports bar with a fellow Rangers supporter (from Edinburgh), a Celtic supporter a Hibs supporter and a load of people who couldn't care less .
    Do the castle and all the cheesy tourist places . You will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    One of the best cities about for a city break . Great vibe to it , did a bit of walking in the Pentland Hills early December on my way up North . Liked the look of the Christmas Markets so did an Easy Jet city break (great value) before xmas , watched Real Betis v Rangers in a West End sports bar with a fellow Rangers supporter (from Edinburgh), a Celtic supporter a Hibs supporter and a load of people who couldn't care less .
    Fully agree. Edinburgh is a great city to visit and got plenty to do.

I love Glasgow too as its got plenty going on but usually found in The Horsehoe, Pot Still and a whole host of other public houses.

Done quite a few Pollok matches and even ventured into Shettleston last year to watch Glasgow United. Ended up in a pub in Shettleston which was interesting and great people.

Fully agree. Edinburgh is a great city to visit and got plenty to do.

I love Glasgow too as its got plenty going on but usually found in The Horsehoe, Pot Still and a whole host of other public houses.

Done quite a few Pollok matches and even ventured into Shettleston last year to watch Glasgow United. Ended up in a pub in Shettleston which was interesting and great people.
    The Horsehoe is bang in the middle of the City Centre but still retains the grittiness of Glasgow , great place for a spot of people watching .
    You wont find any tourist information on drinking in Pollock or Shettleston anywhere . Visiting the locals pubs in any of the schemes is usually only for the brave ,specially if you aren't introduced. It may have matured somewhat in my absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    You and Jordi have sold the trip. Thank you both very much

David Marshall still playing and doing his bit for ‘Visit Scotland’ on this thread, versatility at its finest