+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sensible Debate , Part Two

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sensible Debate , Part Two

According to who scored, Siopis gives the ball away 6 times a game. He makes 29 accurate passes a game.

I think he’s vastly overrated. He runs around a lot, gets brushed off a lot, gets bullied a lot and gives the ball away a lot. He started off well but he cannot play. He’s nowhere near the standard required of a promotion centre mid. Is he better than Gunnar? Given he’s been dropped for Ralls this season, I can’t see how he’s better than Ralls was in 17/18. People say he’s been brought down to our level, if you put Ampadu in this side, he’d been head and shoulders above everyone else, and given Ampadu is a CM (sometimes CB!) in this division, yes, the comparison is relevant. Or we could compare him to Ndidi, or Downes etc.

Bulut has vastly underestimated how good this league is. It is way more competitive than Turkish football and there is no way we are going to be able to buy our way out of this league worth players as good as Siopis and even Goutas. For a start, they can’t get into a terrible Greece side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    According to who scored, Siopis gives the ball away 6 times a game. He makes 29 accurate passes a game.

I think he’s vastly overrated. He runs around a lot, gets brushed off a lot, gets bullied a lot and gives the ball away a lot. He started off well but he cannot play. He’s nowhere near the standard required of a promotion centre mid. Is he better than Gunnar? Given he’s been dropped for Ralls this season, I can’t see how he’s better than Ralls was in 17/18. People say he’s been brought down to our level, if you put Ampadu in this side, he’d been head and shoulders above everyone else, and given Ampadu is a CM (sometimes CB!) in this division, yes, the comparison is relevant. Or we could compare him to Ndidi, or Downes etc.

Bulut has vastly underestimated how good this league is. It is way more competitive than Turkish football and there is no way we are going to be able to buy our way out of this league worth players as good as Siopis and even Goutas. For a start, they can’t get into a terrible Greece side.
    Don’t disagree with that but sometimes you get what you pay for, Ampadu 7m, Ndidi 17m, Downes 12m. The midfield has been poor for some time and despite Turnbull and Siopis coming in we are no better at solving the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Don’t disagree with that but sometimes you get what you pay for, Ampadu 7m, Ndidi 17m, Downes 12m. The midfield has been poor for some time and despite Turnbull and Siopis coming in we are no better at solving the issue.
    We are worse, as they’re clogging up wages and fees that could have been spent on someone else. Turnbull is now 4th choice. Siopis isn’t much better than Ralls or Wintle, he certainly doesn’t solve any problems.

We are in the world we live in, it’s not going to get easier to get out of this league. Siopis was described as a “gamechanger” signing. He is anything but.

We are worse, as they’re clogging up wages and fees that could have been spent on someone else. Turnbull is now 4th choice. Siopis isn’t much better than Ralls or Wintle, he certainly doesn’t solve any problems.

We are in the world we live in, it’s not going to get easier to get out of this league. Siopis was described as a “gamechanger” signing. He is anything but.
    Turnbull starts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Turnbull starts.
    So on Friday, Turnbull wasn't deemed good enough to come off the bench behind 3 others we tried there and now he starts

Siopis played for Greece last week.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Siopis played for Greece last week.
    Came off the bench when they lost to ten man Georgia. He doesn't start.

Came off the bench when they lost to ten man Georgia. He doesn't start.
    You need some balance here Pedro. Greece aren't a terrible side. They went out the same way as Wales did. The two sides f*cked up during qualifying. I think your dislike of Siopis (and the dissing he's getting on this board) is strange because I normally agree with much of what you say. As far as The Championship being this 'tough' special league; I think that's a myth. We'd be stuffed by many of the Greek and Turkish sides imo (although I acknowledge these kinds of arguments are futile).

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You need some balance here Pedro. Greece aren't a terrible side. They went out the same way as Wales did. The two sides f*cked up during qualifying. I think your dislike of Siopis (and the dissing he's getting on this board) is strange because I normally agree with much of what you say. As far as The Championship being this 'tough' special league; I think that's a myth. We'd be stuffed by many of the Greek and Turkish sides imo (although I acknowledge these kinds of arguments are futile).
    Didn't get they get in through the C league? They're a poor side for me, 49th in the world and falling. We'd get absolutely murdered by Trabzonspor and Panathinaikos but I don't think Leeds would. I don't dislike Siopis but I don't think he's great, he's a decent player at this level but one we didn't need given Ralls and Wintle are similar types. He certainly isn't a game changer and I bet he's being paid like one.

Didn't get they get in through the C league? They're a poor side for me, 49th in the world and falling. We'd get absolutely murdered by Trabzonspor and Panathinaikos but I don't think Leeds would. I don't dislike Siopis but I don't think he's great, he's a decent player at this level but one we didn't need given Ralls and Wintle are similar types. He certainly isn't a game changer and I bet he's being paid like one.
    That's just because you have the same bromance for Ampadu as I have for Siopis!

That's just because you have the same bromance for Ampadu as I have for Siopis!
    Now, Ampadu is turning into a player. Where's Wales-Bales when you need him?!

Pedro and balanced views lol