+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ruben Colwill

Ruben Colwill

Who rates him? Who doesn't? Why?

Re: Ruben Colwill

I've kept hoping...I really have....but it's a no for me. AT 22 he is lethargic, no urgency, easily brushed off the ball, does not jump to head the ball even when defending (and I am not an advocate of him defending...). Does not normally strike the ball cleanly....He does produce very occasional moment of expectation but no-where near enough.

All the Swansea fans i know commented he looked different class when he came on for us.

I think hes more than good enough to be a regular starter for us in the Championship.

Rubin looked a great prospect initially, largely due to his vision and touch on the ball.
    Unfortunately he still has not adjusted to Championship level football and consequently can look slow in his decision-making in possession.
    The jury is still out for me on whether he simply is not good enough or has not played sufficiently regularly to make the transition from Development/U21 level to Championship. The only positive currently (as has been stated by others) is that in Wales U21s he looks an excellent player - but maybe the standard there is not what we would all like it to be.

He's a confidence player

If we were top 8 and playing good football he would be a very important part of the team

He's a bit enigmatic like so many talented players

Couple of youngsters in the Liverpool v Brighton game....Connah Bradley (20) for Liverpool and Adingra (22) for Brighton.
    Look at their energy and desire....(and talent)....whatever level a player is they should be capable of showing both traits.

I didn’t until this season, I think he’s improved a lot this season and should be starting.

Although I’m not sure he’s as good as some make out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Couple of youngsters in the Liverpool v Brighton game....Connah Bradley (20) for Liverpool and Adingra (22) for Brighton.
    Look at their energy and desire....(and talent)....whatever level a player is they should be capable of showing both traits.

Harvey Elliot is only 20.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Harvey Elliot is only 20.
    And has played 150 times for Liverpool.

I don't know what's worse at the moment. Watching him or constantly posting about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't know what's worse at the moment. Watching him or constantly posting about him.

you guys are on drugs.

we have been playing NEGATIVE and quite often HOOFBALL. He is a on the ground positive play maker. Its the same for the likes of Robinson who was praised to the hilt last season

if this is a big whoosh to you DONT WORRY JUST KEEP BLAMING THE PLAYERS

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    you guys are on drugs.

we have been playing NEGATIVE and quite often HOOFBALL. He is a on the ground positive play maker. Its the same for the likes of Robinson who was praised to the hilt last season

Negative yes, hoofball I’m not so sure on.

Poor football yes.

you guys are on drugs.

You are a flat track botherer

A one trick pony

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's a confidence player

If we were top 8 and playing good football he would be a very important part of the team

He's a bit enigmatic like so many talented players
    Seems half the posters on this board are confidence posters too. .... I'm sure I remember reading how wonderful he was against Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are a flat track botherer

A one trick pony
    Speaking of double negatives! a wum accusing me of being a wum.

you guys are on drugs.

So with a different manager he'd be amazing? He's played for about 4 now.

In such a negative set up fans would clap like wild seels witnessing anything technical. He sadly rarely produces those moments.

He has something, I wonder if he's just not fit enough.

Not even in the squad today.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Not even in the squad today.
    Knock in training according to Wales Online

One of the players I am happy to pay to watch .
    If Vinicius JR hits the ground running at 16 doesn't mean you are finished if you didn't hit the big time by the time you are 22
    Ask Ian Wright.
    I reckon he will go onto be either a hero for Cardiff or play at an even higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    One of the players I am happy to pay to watch .
    If Vinicius JR hits the ground running at 16 doesn't mean you are finished if you didn't hit the big time by the time you are 22
    Ask Ian Wright.
    I reckon he will go onto be either a hero for Cardiff or play at an even higher level.
    well said

I really would like him to succeed.....but he needs to up his game.

Interesting what Brian Clough said about a certain Trevor Francis in a video posted in another thread......
    https://youtu.be/vz3XVPGWMUI?si=OhjheehCYOgpcMtg

....needs to learn....etc at the age of 25.....comparisons?

There is a great player in there just waiting to break out. Unfortunately he seems to be the go to guy for blame when things go wrong. These half time hooking's must affect his confidence and hinder his development