+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arsenal.

Arsenal.

Very impressed with their defence today.
    Especially Declan Rice. Bringing the ball out with minutes to go, didn’t panic, and almost set Martinelli on his way with a calculated pass.
    Fancy them for the title this yr.

Re: Arsenal.

Very solid defensively Arsenal and Rice has been good all season.
    He and Odergaard make them tick and they could have snatched the win in the end today.

Conversely, there is doubting they are a very good team, but I do find Man City quite boring to watch at times, almost machine-like.

Liverpool will be happiest today obviously and it is a difficult title to call

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Very solid defensively Arsenal and Rice has been good all season.
    He and Odergaard make them tick and they could have snatched the win in the end today.

Conversely, there is doubting they are a very good team, but I do find Man City quite boring to watch at times, almost machine-like.

Liverpool will be happiest today obviously and it is a difficult title to call
    Bit rich to call Man City boring when Arsenal put the entire team inside their own box.

It was a horrific watch today

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bit rich to call Man City boring when Arsenal put the entire team inside their own box.

Give over. The football on display by both sides made it look like a different sport to the stuff we watch. Arsenal on the break were outstanding to watch. Their defence against one of the best sides in the world and the ball control (footballing skills) to play the ball from their own box was amazing. Manchester City at home. That was football played like chess when what we watch is noughts and no crosses.

As a non plastic i couldn't care less

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    As a non plastic i couldn't care less
    I'm a plastic and would love Arsenal to win this.

Agreed.

Horrible to watch. I find it very hard to appreciate teams that play like that.

Years ago under Sir Alex they would have paid and had the likes of Rice and Kane just before their prime.

Times have changed, I’d love Arsenal to win it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Years ago under Sir Alex they would have paid and had the likes of Rice and Kane just before their prime.

Times have changed, I’d love Arsenal to win it this year.
    Arsenal to win the prem. City to get a play-off place. Swiss to win euro 2024. St. Pauli to get promoted to B1,

All dreams. None of it will happen. The last one probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Give over. The football on display by both sides made it look like a different sport to the stuff we watch. Arsenal on the break were outstanding to watch. Their defence against one of the best sides in the world and the ball control (footballing skills) to play the ball from their own box was amazing. Manchester City at home. That was football played like CHESSwhen what we watch is noughts and no crosses.
    Yes it was like watching chess, f uck ing boring !!
    Half the crowd were asleep, the other three quarters stayed in the bar at half time

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Half the crowd were asleep, the other three quarters stayed in the bar at half time
    How can you split a crowd into half and three quarters? What school did you go to ?😂

Some of the replies on this thread are cracking me up. “Boring”, “machine like” 😂
    **** me, The football in yesterday’s game was on a different planet to what we see every week. If we’ve got fans who think that, then the games well and truly over.
    Tan may as well sell the ground and let them build a supermarket, and sell the squad to Clarkes to make pies with .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Some of the replies on this thread are cracking me up. “Boring”, “machine like” ��
    **** me, The football in yesterday’s game was on a different planet to what we see every week. If we’ve got fans who think that, then the games well and truly over.
    Tan may as well sell the ground and let them build a supermarket, and sell the squad to Clarkes to make pies with .
    So you would be happy watching a boring 0-0 every week ?

As for the half and three quarters, lighten up

The Premiership title race will come down to who gets injured, IMO.
    Liverpool crocks seem to be recovering at the right time; Man City are hit with injuries to key players now and it will only take an injury to one or two Arsenal men to scupper their channces.
    So many of the Premiership sides seem to be threadbare when stupid demands are being put on players by the press/all action playing style and matches twice a week. It finds out the weakness in many players, particularly dodgy hammies.

HU
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The Premiership title race will come down to who gets injured, IMO.
    Liverpool crocks seem to be recovering at the right time; Man City are hit with injuries to key players now and it will only take an injury to one or two Arsenal men to scupper their channces.
    So many of the Premiership sides seem to be threadbare when stupid demands are being put on players by the press/all action playing style and matches twice a week. It finds out the weakness in many players, particularly dodgy hammies.
    Hammies were well dodgy at Newcastle

Hammies are well dodgy at Newcastle
    CFY
    It's down to the turf laid down at St James three seasons ago....

So you would be happy watching a boring 0-0 every week ?

As for the half and three quarters, lighten up
    Yesterday was a defensive master class by Arsenal. Harland didn’t get a sniff.
    You’re like me. Way too many yrs of watching utter guff 😂

I dont have particularly strong opinions on who i want to win the title, probably arsenal to break the city monopoly, but that game was absolute dogshite. A billion passes with about 3 shots. I guess no one wanted to take too many risks and lose, but it was a horrible watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I dont have particularly strong opinions on who i want to win the title, probably arsenal to break the city monopoly, but that game was absolute dogshite. A billion passes with about 3 shots. I guess no one wanted to take too many risks and lose, but it was a horrible watch.
    it was

Here you go.... https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8574621.html

Edit: I think I read he lasted 20 mins against Carlson. Which is impressive.