This is where I'm coming from.
I was brought up on a diet of good football in the old Div 1 watching Pompey from the age of six. It helped that I played at Fratton Park. Although they dropped to Div 2, they still were still a good watch and every other Saturday, I saw Southampton in the days of Paine, Sydenham and Davies. It was rare to come away from a game without a feeling of enjoyment and satisfaction.
I moved from Portsmouth to Pontpool when I was 21. My future wife and I started watching Ponty from the terrace and again enjoyed the entertainment in the days of the Pontypool Front Row, Jeff Squire, Mark Ring, Bishop etc.
I stopped watching live sport when I moved to Cardiff when I was 24. Other activity came first.
I started attending City games when Malkie was a manager because it was affordable entertainment and the football was decent. I became a ST holder and was especially excited (even thrilled) in the early Warnock days until the Slade era because I would watch the dross and yawn. I just stopped going.
I still watch City regularly on streams but there is so much better football available on TV that I prefer to watch that - often watching Pompey again this season.
I'm sure some of you lovable peeps will stick me in a box and label me, but for me it's simple. I just enjoy watching football and have a vague loyalty to the team of my youth and the city where I've spent most of my life. I won't go to CCS again until the team is worth watching. Tan has blown two golden opportunities of bringing Premiership football to Cardiff for whatever reason. In both the seasons City were there they had a decent chance of staying up and consolidating, but decisions made off the pitch poisoned the well.
The cure for moi is to decide what good football matches I want to watch. At the moment, it's all on TV.