Football Analysis Nonsense

Shearer and his lot on MOTD

What a load of cobblers

Worse than politicians

It's a whole industry of complete cabbage

Re: Football Analysis Nonsense

You've only realised this now??

I remember Brian Clough giving John Motson a mouthful about just show the football and cut out the lecturing. What would he make of it these days?

https://youtu.be/vz3XVPGWMUI?si=OhjheehCYOgpcMtg

I find some of it useful/ interesting if they tell me something I don’t know or isn’t obvious. I think it was Jessie March recently talking about how a good centre half should be side on to be ready to move either way when defending. When they tell you what is blatantly obvious or what you can see with your own eyes, unless it’s in an amusing way then why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I find some of it useful/ interesting if they tell me something I don’t know or isn’t obvious. I think it was Jessie March recently talking about how a good centre half should be side on to be ready to move either way when defending. When they tell you what is blatantly obvious or what you can see with your own eyes, unless it’s in an amusing way then why bother?
    Jesse Marsch talks a good game until you realise he’s failed everywhere he’s been and never successfully implemented his ideas .

It’s ok though, we think he’s bad cos he’s American, not the fact he was horrific at Leeds and got sacked at RB Liepzig after taking the side that finished 2nd to 11th place. Impressive work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Jesse Marsch talks a good game until you realise he’s failed everywhere he’s been and never successfully implemented his ideas .

It’s ok though, we think he’s bad cos he’s American, not the fact he was horrific at Leeds and got sacked at RB Liepzig after taking the side that finished 2nd to 11th place. Impressive work.
    Those who can do, those who can’t……teach

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Those who can do, those who can’t……teach
    ...and those that can't teach become pundits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I remember Brian Clough giving John Motson a mouthful about just show the football and cut out the lecturing. What would he make of it these days?

https://youtu.be/vz3XVPGWMUI?si=OhjheehCYOgpcMtg
    What would Cloughie make of it today.....indeed....would love his views on female presenters/commentators and all the box ticking that goes on.....and VAR...!!!

Interesting also his comments about Trevor Francis....needs to learn....etc at the age of 25.....comparisons?