+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut

Reading some of the replies in this thread, you wonder how anyone under twenty ever plays league football. Far better to play the “tried and tested” - shouldn’t the last two performances before yesterday, especially Sunderland (who lost 5-1 at home to a team with one win in their last sixteen matches yesterday), be a huge argument in favour of giving someone like Colwill jr or Ashford twenty minutes or so at the end of the game? Yesterday was a good day, but the selection of Sawyers as one of the substitutes was depressing - I’ve been a Sawyers fan throughout his career, but he should not be involved in the first team squad at this time in his time with us. It’s just like Slade using one of my favourite City players, Danny Gabbidon, as a sub just before he retired.

Re: Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reading some of the replies in this thread, you wonder how anyone under twenty ever plays league football. Far better to play the “tried and tested” - shouldn’t the last two performances before yesterday, especially Sunderland (who lost 5-1 at home to a team with one win in their last sixteen matches yesterday), be a huge argument in favour of giving someone like Colwill jr or Ashford twenty minutes or so at the end of the game? Yesterday was a good day, but the selection of Sawyers as one of the substitutes was depressing - I’ve been a Sawyers fan throughout his career, but he should not be involved in the first team squad at this time in his time with us. It’s just like Slade using one of my favourite City players, Danny Gabbidon, as a sub just before he retired.
    Sawyers has been a good Championship player, and I like him personally.

Imagine the message it sends to players like J Colwill. "He was nearly out the door but no club came in for him, and the manager still fancies him on the bench ahead of you"

This is another reason to have someone above the manager responsible for player transfers, but that's a non starter here because we have absolutely no identity and just let manager after manager come in and re style the team so we've always got a steady flow of deadwood blocking player development.