+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The stats will be a bit odd as we have lost three quite good Championship clubs on their way back down and gained three Premier League clubs who are generally miles better than most of the rest bar Ipswich, who can sign players in January that we can't afford.

You can only complete the job with the tools at your disposal, 21st and saved on points deductions to 11th is a good achievement, especially when you consider he lost the most creative player, the best Striker we've had in a long time, and the best Centre half and had a transfer embargo.
    The stats aren't odd due to the sides that have come down. They're odd in that we've only drawn 5 games this season. 8 is the lowest number of draws we've ever managed in a 46 game season and I fully expect that to be beaten this season, so we either win games or lose them.

We've won 17 games this season, 13 by a single goal. Our last 10 victories have been by 1 goal which, may not be the longest run of single-goal wins in our history, but it is the joint longest run in the same season since Richie Morgan was boss in 1981.

7 of our first 9 defeats this season were by a solitary goal, including narrow, perhaps unlucky defeats early on to Leicester and Ipswich. We, of course, drew at Leeds. Our last 9 league defeats have all been by at least 2 goals (10 if you include the cup tie at Hillsborough). To put that into context, our worst run of defeats at this by 2 or more goals game in 1957/58 when we lost 14 games all by more than one goal, so this is our second worst run in that regard in our history.

Since the win at Preston, when we were 7th top scorers in the division, we've scored 18 goals, one of the lowest across all 4 divisions and one of the lowest amounts over 23 games in our history.

I know you don't care in the slightest, but we've had half a season where our form has generally been poor. The amount of good performances could be counted on one hand. As I've said previously, our wins have generally been far more about grit and desire than footballing ability. There are stats I find concerning, that suggests that, over the season, we've got worse not better. I find it alarming that we've been relatively easy to beat, but then there are the odd game where we find something, often late on, to turn things around. Grit and determination will get you so far, I can't question ours this season, but if we're going to progress, we need more than that. We've shown we can play some decent football at times. We're in transition. We're not going up any time soon. Let's try and show more attacking intent. We did on Monday and look what it got us.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The stats aren't odd due to the sides that have come down. They're odd in that we've only drawn 5 games this season. 8 is the lowest number of draws we've ever managed in a 46 game season and I fully expect that to be beaten this season, so we either win games or lose them.

We've won 17 games this season, 13 by a single goal. Our last 10 victories have been by 1 goal which, may not be the longest run of single-goal wins in our history, but it is the joint longest run in the same season since Richie Morgan was boss in 1981.

7 of our first 9 defeats this season were by a solitary goal, including narrow, perhaps unlucky defeats early on to Leicester and Ipswich. We, of course, drew at Leeds. Our last 9 league defeats have all been by at least 2 goals (10 if you include the cup tie at Hillsborough). To put that into context, our worst run of defeats at this by 2 or more goals game in 1957/58 when we lost 14 games all by more than one goal, so this is our second worst run in that regard in our history.

Since the win at Preston, when we were 7th top scorers in the division, we've scored 18 goals, one of the lowest across all 4 divisions and one of the lowest amounts over 23 games in our history.

I know you don't care in the slightest, but we've had half a season where our form has generally been poor. The amount of good performances could be counted on one hand. As I've said previously, our wins have generally been far more about grit and desire than footballing ability. There are stats I find concerning, that suggests that, over the season, we've got worse not better. I find it alarming that we've been relatively easy to beat, but then there are the odd game where we find something, often late on, to turn things around. Grit and determination will get you so far, I can't question ours this season, but if we're going to progress, we need more than that. We've shown we can play some decent football at times. We're in transition. We're not going up any time soon. Let's try and show more attacking intent. We did on Monday and look what it got us.
    Yes if there are three really good teams in the league teams may lose by more than one goal that's common sense?

Anyway a wins a win, a draw is a draw and a loss is a loss, an open play goal is a goal and a dead ball goal is a goal

We were 21st we are now 11th, which is 10 places higher in a much tougher leagues than last year

Here's something to consider. Bulut actually does have a system of play, whether people love it or hate it or are indifferent is obviously down to preference, but for the first time since Malky? we have a manager who actually knows how he wants his team to play, where players should be, and a huge emphasis on what players do off the ball. Personally, i'm not a fan, when it's bad, it's really bad, and when it's good it's pretty bad as well! But, here's the question-I believe that at championship level Bulut's tactics could actually bring some success, even without the entertainment. Can't be arsed going into what he is actually attempting to do, we can all pretty much see what is happening. Although with the 'right' kind of player who can carry of Bulut's tactics rigidly, then i think that it could work in terms of getting to the play offs. Organised, disciplined, work rate, getting behind the ball etc is the order of the day, wide men are key. Would anyone on here accept this type of football if it brought relative success, gave us an identity, added with players who can play this way, therefore a more refined style although with the same type of performance? I think that i probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    But, here's the question - I believe that at championship level Bulut's tactics could actually bring some success, even without the entertainment.
    I couldn't disagree more. If Bulut persists with the sort of negative, tedious rubbish he and his players have been serving up for most of this season, I firmly believe the chances of achieving any sort of genuine success in the Championship are absolute zero - unless, of course, you consider avoiding relegation to be successful.

Anyway, I think I'm going to take a brief break from this board until the season is over because I'm becoming almost as bored with talking about this guy as I am with watching his team play. There will be plenty to say when the season is done and dusted, and when we know for sure whether or not Bulut is going to get a new contract, but for now I think I'll leave it there.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. If Bulut persists with the sort of negative, tedious rubbish he and his players have been serving up for most of this season, I firmly believe the chances of achieving any sort of genuine success in the Championship are absolute zero - unless, of course, you consider avoiding relegation to be successful.

Anyway, I think I'm going to take a brief break from this board until the season is over because I'm becoming almost as bored with talking about this guy as I am with watching his team play. There will be plenty to say when the season is done and dusted, and when we know for sure whether or not Bulut is going to get a new contract, but for now I think I'll leave it there.
    I know what you mean it is getting boring, there is not long to wait. let's wait, see what Tan and Dalman think, and take it from there. Bulut has a six-game month to impress hopefully with Ramsey and O'Dowda can they improve the performances?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

You really do think quite alot of yourself. You give the impression that you think that you are gracing our presence by merely posting on here and that you will be missed when you don't. In my opinion the exact opposite is true. This board drowns in negativity for a large part of the time and you are certainly a factor in that respect but I don't really think it is anything to brag about.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Here's something to consider. Bulut actually does have a system of play, whether people love it or hate it or are indifferent is obviously down to preference, but for the first time since Malky? we have a manager who actually knows how he wants his team to play, where players should be, and a huge emphasis on what players do off the ball. Personally, i'm not a fan, when it's bad, it's really bad, and when it's good it's pretty bad as well! But, here's the question-I believe that at championship level Bulut's tactics could actually bring some success, even without the entertainment. Can't be arsed going into what he is actually attempting to do, we can all pretty much see what is happening. Although with the 'right' kind of player who can carry of Bulut's tactics rigidly, then i think that it could work in terms of getting to the play offs. Organised, disciplined, work rate, getting behind the ball etc is the order of the day, wide men are key. Would anyone on here accept this type of football if it brought relative success, gave us an identity, added with players who can play this way, therefore a more refined style although with the same type of performance? I think that i probably would.
    Improve the top third and it will look a lot better, like the start of the season but better again. A Striker and cover and a Ramsey replacement and better wingers and we are away.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes if there are three really good teams in the league teams may lose by more than one goal that's common sense?

Anyway a wins a win, a draw is a draw and a loss is a loss, an open play goal is a goal and a dead ball goal is a goal

We were 21st we are now 11th, which is 10 places higher in a much tougher leagues than last year
    Clearly everything is rosy to you, no concerns, regardless of what others say. I'm wasting my breath.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Clearly everything is rosy to you, no concerns, regardless of what others say. I'm wasting my breath.
    No, not really, I'm getting bored with the wrong type of goals and only one point wins, but you have a point on the entertainment, I think fans are starting to want a bit more and that's fair enough they pay their money.

Earlier you mentioned changes since COVID and promotions and that's a good point, I think that has changed many Cardiff fans' perspective.

We all want the same thing, I'm just a bit more patient I think, and see safety and a better harder working team as progress as I expected another terrible relegation-threatened season.

What struck me today was why we look good against some teams and really poor against others and I think its wingbacks.

3 at the back and a wingbacks hugging the line means Grant and even Bowler have to drop to mark them, as Perry and collins are tucked in tight. We have no answer except dropping our forwards deep!!!

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5501632]The stats aren't odd due to the sides that have come down. They're odd in that we've only drawn 5 games this season. 8 is the lowest number of draws we've ever managed in a 46 game season and I fully expect that to be beaten this season, so we either win games or lose them.

Talking of draws in a season, the most we ever had in one single season was 23 out of 46 games, I believe? This was back in season 96/97 when we finished 3rd from the bottom of the old Division 4. Please correct me if I am wrong. However, I can honestly say, this has been for me anyway, the most boring season football wise since then!

I am still undecided if Bulut should be here next season! With the addition of several decent players during the summer, including someone to actually hit the back of the net regularly, I believe Bulut can take us up another two or three places to where we end up this season. However, do I want to watch Boring, Boring, Backwards, Bulut Ball for season 24/25?