Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
A while ago we'd almost scored double the amount of goals from set pieces as any other side in the Championship. That gap has narrowed.

In 2020/21 we scored 27 from open play.
In 2021/22 we scored 29 from open play.
In 2022/23 we scored 28 from open play.

This season we've scored 19. Only 4 teams across the 4 divisions have scored less from open play on average per game than us. That's embarrassing. That shows how utterly clueless we are when we attack. When goals from set pieces dry up, we lose games.

We might have to agree to disagree here, but if our main aim is hoping to score from set pieces because we're rubbish as an attacking force, I couldn't care less how many games we've managed to pinch, it's a fact that, without set pieces, we'd be in the bottom 3. That's how crap our football has been this season.
no offence, as i enjoy some of the historical stuff you post but all that means nothing to prove your opinion, which you and the others are perfectly entitled too. Producing historical facts like that has zero usefulness in the here and now. The football is shit, however, The table is universally accepted in this sport across the world on how teams are judged on performance* (*not entertainment!).

In everything you post, it lacks many fundamentals for data comparison, its purely superficial historical data points. My opinion is you post these mainly as a subversive context but it fails to address many, if not all of the principles around data analysis.... Accuracy and precision, closeness, tolerance, tightly clusted, mean, bias, ISO standard, confirmation bias, outliers, funding..... Whilst you are right to use your data to get the the route of the problem, you have to always challenge the data, ask WHY? ...... your data is accurate, i trust that, but jesus h christ son give it a rest to validate your opinion. The league table is the measurement of performance.

Yes the football is shit, has been for years, Paul Parry scoring a winner in open play is meaningless.