+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Massive Progress at the Club Under Bulut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Massive Progress at the Club Under Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If being less creative and worse defensively than a side that nearly went down last season is progress, then hell yes, we've had progress.
    are those statements correct? I thought we had scored more?

"The only thing that's been lacking this season has been the consistency..."

Sure Joe, that's the only thing that has been lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Post mentions creativity, we've scored more because of set piece goals, with nobody classes as creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not counting set pieces. As a creative attacking unit from open play we are worse than we have been for many a year.

I'm not counting set pieces. As a creative attacking unit from open play we are worse than we have been for many a year.
    More goals and more points, it’s a good start.

If scoring this amount from set pieces was so easy everyone would be doing it as regularly as us, indeed we would have last season.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    More goals and more points, it’s a good start.

If scoring this amount from set pieces was so easy everyone would be doing it as regularly as us, indeed we would have last season.
    A while ago we'd almost scored double the amount of goals from set pieces as any other side in the Championship. That gap has narrowed.

In 2020/21 we scored 27 from open play.
    In 2021/22 we scored 29 from open play.
    In 2022/23 we scored 28 from open play.

This season we've scored 19. Only 4 teams across the 4 divisions have scored less from open play on average per game than us. That's embarrassing. That shows how utterly clueless we are when we attack. When goals from set pieces dry up, we lose games.

We might have to agree to disagree here, but if our main aim is hoping to score from set pieces because we're rubbish as an attacking force, I couldn't care less how many games we've managed to pinch, it's a fact that, without set pieces, we'd be in the bottom 3. That's how crap our football has been this season.

A while ago we'd almost scored double the amount of goals from set pieces as any other side in the Championship. That gap has narrowed.

This season we've scored 19. Only 4 teams across the 4 divisions have scored less from open play on average per game than us. That's embarrassing. That shows how utterly clueless we are when we attack. When goals from set pieces dry up, we lose games.

We might have to agree to disagree here, but if our main aim is hoping to score from set pieces because we're rubbish as an attacking force, I couldn't care less how many games we've managed to pinch, it's a fact that, without set pieces, we'd be in the bottom 3. That's how crap our football has been this season.
    Bring back Dave Jones.

Football has been crap, far to negative and generally just poor but I don’t agree set pieces should just be written off though, it’s all part of the game. If you cant score in open player then you do what you can to win.

Wonder if teams struggling below us are having this debate of theu could be 11th if they scored more from set pieces lol.

no offence, as i enjoy some of the historical stuff you post but all that means nothing to prove your opinion, which you and the others are perfectly entitled too. Producing historical facts like that has zero usefulness in the here and now. The football is shit, however, The table is universally accepted in this sport across the world on how teams are judged on performance* (*not entertainment!).

In everything you post, it lacks many fundamentals for data comparison, its purely superficial historical data points. My opinion is you post these mainly as a subversive context but it fails to address many, if not all of the principles around data analysis.... Accuracy and precision, closeness, tolerance, tightly clusted, mean, bias, ISO standard, confirmation bias, outliers, funding..... Whilst you are right to use your data to get the the route of the problem, you have to always challenge the data, ask WHY? ...... your data is accurate, i trust that, but jesus h christ son give it a rest to validate your opinion. The league table is the measurement of performance.

Yes the football is shit, has been for years, Paul Parry scoring a winner in open play is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    no offence, as i enjoy some of the historical stuff you post but all that means nothing to prove your opinion, which you and the others are perfectly entitled too. Producing historical facts like that has zero usefulness in the here and now. The football is shit, however, The table is universally accepted in this sport across the world on how teams are judged on performance* (*not entertainment!).

In everything you post, it lacks many fundamentals for data comparison, its purely superficial historical data points. My opinion is you post these mainly as a subversive context but it fails to address many, if not all of the principles around data analysis.... Accuracy and precision, closeness, tolerance, tightly clusted, mean, bias, ISO standard, confirmation bias, outliers, funding..... Whilst you are right to use your data to get the the route of the problem, you have to always challenge the data, ask WHY? ...... your data is accurate, i trust that, but jesus h christ son give it a rest to validate your opinion. The league table is the measurement of performance.

Yes the football is shit, has been for years, Paul Parry scoring a winner in open play is meaningless.
    Ere SON wind yer neck in. We like Eric and his stats round these parts.

I was looking at the league table of successful surgical teams the other day. My favourite team (Slashtag United) had 22 patients die on the operating table last season. This season they've only had 11. That's a 50% improvement rate. Go Slashers!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I was looking at the league table of successful surgical teams the other day. My favourite team (Slashtag United) had 22 patients die on the operating table last season. This season they've only had 11. That's a 50% improvement rate. Go Slashers!
    The stupidest analogy ever but if you are going to make it if those stats were true in the Heath Hospital last year, that would be amazing, but it's probably going the other way judging by the way the Welsh NHS is going.

Should our league position be reassessed in the light of our Chairman’s claims about our wage bill? Mid table mediocrity while playing dull, defensive football most of the time would be viewed as failure by other teams spending as much as we have since Bulut arrived. = I find it hard to believe we have the sixth highest wage bill, but I can believe we’re in the top ten.