Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
Saying "Tory spokesman" in a post doesn't win you an argument anymore than posting guff videos from the political fringes does.

And that video you posted made two claims; that the NHS is now open to US insurance companies and that our health rights have been eroded. Any evidence of that, because I think that' bullshit.

The referendum was 8 years ago. Both sides sold whoppers, it's arrogant in the extreme to fail to see that some people voted remain based on those whoppers, just as some voted Leave.

I don't get the point you are making apart from some elaborate and pointless "I told you so" based on misinformation videos and ignoring Europe's most impactful war for 80 years and a pandemic unseen for centuries.

And you do that all to run down your own country.

What is the point? You and others must have better things to do with your time? If you spent even a small proportion of it actually scrutinizing the people who run our NHS and schools and economy in Wales, that would be more useful for a start
I didn’t tell you so, it was almost a toss a coin job as to how I voted because I could remember how it was before we joined the Common market and nothing seemed to change much back in the early seventies when we joined what was then the six I believe. The only reason I voted Remain in the end was because I couldn’t face being on the same side as Nigel Farage.

It’s in the intervening years that I realised I was wrong - Brexit meant more than I thought it did and, from where I’m standing nearly all of the changes are for the worse.

You do sound like a Tory spokesman by the way. At the time of the vote, the Conservatives really were a “broad church” when it came to the EU because they had remainers and leavers in almost equal measure, but Johnson forced most of the prominent remainers out of the party and so I’d say they lost stabilising influences which may have held back the sort of excesses which have got the party into what many commentators believe could be an existential crisis. The Conservatives are unashamedly a Brexit party now, in fact there’s a degree of Evangelisism about it which I’d say you share.