Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
As in any referendum or election campaign the things we are told by any party or side never reflect reality. Pretty clear demonstrations on this thread of things Remain said that proved to be absolute nonsense. How many fell for that?

I'm not evangelical about it at all. I've always been of the belief that the impacts are nothing like what people on both sides predicted. I will always try to play things with a straight bat, on this occasion citing stats on food inflation, not random videos from activists. My aim in this (and other) debates isn't to say Brexit is a spectacular success, it's to demonstrate it's pretty insignificant, esp whem factoring in wars in Europe and pandemics.

What annoys me is when people waste everyones time firstly spending years not accepting the result then cherry picking random topics and not looking at the full picture to try and prove a point where they've already decided the outcome for themselves. It's a waste of everyones time, is unhelpful and dare I say pretty selfish. If you want to say I told you so and illustrate it with random videos that take zero account of other factors and other countries performance then crack on, but can't you set up a private group for it or something?
I actually meant to write predilections earlier regarding unicorns. Sorry for any confusion.