+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fancy a pint....at The Vulcan?

Fancy a pint....at The Vulcan?

Re: Fancy a pint....at The Vulcan?

It is set in 1915. So yes if it is 1915 prices.

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 View Post
    It is set in 1915. So yes if it is 1915 prices.
    Sludge would still wait for Happy Hr!

International

A beer flight, three third of a pint tasters is a tenner ft

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Right. That's on my to do list seeing as how my Irish ancestors probably had a pint or two in there when it was in Newtown.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Right. That's on my to do list seeing as how my Irish ancestors probably had a pint or two in there when it was in Newtown.
    Adamsdown

International

I used to go there after playing football on Saturdays, curry chips and a few pints !

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Adamsdown
    Article said Newtown. Adamsdown will do, too. Likewise docks and Splott. Recent family didn't move too far until the 60s.

Article said Newtown. Adamsdown will do, too. Likewise docks and Splott. Recent family didn't move too far until the 60s.
    Sounds more romantic perhaps, Newtown was over the railway bridge from Adam Street. It’s now an industrial estate off Tyndall Street.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Will they also be offering £10 baggies around the side of the pub ?

Asking for a friend Officer.

Always rated St Fagan's highly. I’ll always suggest it to any newcomers to Cardiff as it’s a very unique attraction you can’t find in many other places.

I’ve not been for a good few years now but this is a good excuse to try get across on a nice summer’s day.

yeah the whole area was awash with pubs at one time (and brothels), I remember reading about a book someone was doing about the area that sounded very interersting, not sure if it was ever released though.

I was only talking about the Vulcan on Tuesday, we were in London for a few days and went to Churchills war rooms, I said to my mrs, The Vulcan must be opening this year sometime

We love St Fagans, its a decent 5 hour day out, accessible to all as its free to get in, though we always buy lunch and a ice cream / coffee and chuck a few quid away in the gift shop to help the running costs

not a beer drinker, but will be interesting to see what Glamorgan Brewing Co come up with, a IPA ( of some type I guess )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I was only talking about the Vulcan on Tuesday, we were in London for a few days and went to Churchills war rooms, I said to my mrs, The Vulcan must be opening this year sometime

We love St Fagans, its a decent 5 hour day out, accessible to all as its free to get in, though we always buy lunch and a ice cream / coffee and chuck a few quid away in the gift shop to help the running costs

not a beer drinker, but will be interesting to see what Glamorgan Brewing Co come up with, a IPA ( of some type I guess )
    Hopefully not IPA, you can't get away from the stuff these days and 99% of it is shite

I'd like to see sometihng in the style of a beer from the 1910s as something a bit diffrent

Bet it'l be f'king lager and some kind of keg "creamflow" shite.
    They won't do enough turnover to have real ale.

No for me .

I went to original a few times including a wonderful Xmas Eve talking to a bunch of fruit loops but wonderful characters.

They had a fab black elvis statue playingna saxophone, to give it a special ambiance .

A few lads came in and swiped an old table which did confuse the old fella who went fora leak outside and found on his return his pint was on the floor .

The old bearded lady justb kept on playing darts didn’t batter an eyelid just smirked as she downed another cider.

The barman looked very bemused, just nodded to the table thieves then suggested to the tabless fella as he returned from outside tinkle to find another table whilst some remained. ..

Lets hope the toilet is authentic, and still outside

Halcyon times..

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Sludge would still wait for Happy Hr!
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't drink.