+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Hull Ciy matches.

Seven decades of Cardiff City v Hull Ciy matches.

Re: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Hull Ciy matches.

60s Ray Pettit?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    60s Ray Pettit?
    Yes.

80s Billy Whitehurst, 90s Paul Fewings

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    80s Billy Whitehurst, 90s Paul Fewings
    Right first name for the 80s one, but it’s not Whitehurst. The 90s one is right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Right first name for the 80s one, but it’s not Whitehurst. The 90s one is right.
    Billy Woof

and Billy Paynter for the 00s

Billy Woof

and Billy Paynter for the 00s
    Both correct.

70s Phil Holme. There's an interview online that Mavis Nicholson did with Billy Bragg. I'm thinking about watching it but we'll see. If she did one with the Redskins I'll be all over it but that's a long shot I reckon.

10s Tom Huddlestone at United. Quite a common thing now, apparently, for clubs to employ a senior pro to play every under-21 game to help the youngsters' development. Velikonja was the trailblazer, of course.

70s Phil Holme. There's an interview online that Mavis Nicholson did with Billy Bragg. I'm thinking about watching it but we'll see. If she did one with the Redskins I'll be all over it but that's a long shot I reckon.

10s Tom Huddlestone at United. Quite a common thing now, apparently, for clubs to employ a senior pro to play every under-21 game to help the youngsters' development. Velikonja was the trailblazer, of course.
    Both correct, I have a vague memory of watching Crown Court and the Mavis Nicholson on our new colour to when I was on the mitch from school in the early 70s - I used to think daytime TV was brilliant, but, truth be told, I probably would have watched the test card on that first colour to for the family.

So that was Velikonja was doing - I assume Vontae Campbell was signed for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Both correct, I have a vague memory of watching Crown Court and the Mavis Nicholson on our new colour to when I was on the mitch from school in the early 70s - I used to think daytime TV was brilliant, but, truth be told, I probably would have watched the test card on that first colour to for the family.

So that was Velikonja was doing - I assume Vontae Campbell was signed for the same thing.
    20s Noah Ohio, which is right up there with Luke Waterfall and Jazzi Barnum-Bobb in the best name stakes. Jazzi's sister is named Calypso, by the way. It doesn't get much better than that.

Daley-Campbell's name popped up in the week when I was looking at the FA Youth Cup. Someone had posted the teams from the 2018 final and he was in the Arsenal side with Saka and Smith-Rowe while Chelsea had Lamptey, Guehi, Panzo, Reece James, Conor Gallagher, Billy Gilmour and Hudson-Odoi. Chelsea won 7-1 on aggregate. We've had one from each team here now but neither left too many footprints in the sand.

20s Noah Ohio, which is right up there with Luke Waterfall and Jazzi Barnum-Bobb in the best name stakes. Jazzi's sister is named Calypso, by the way. It doesn't get much better than that.

Daley-Campbell's name popped up in the week when I was looking at the FA Youth Cup. Someone had posted the teams from the 2018 final and he was in the Arsenal side with Saka and Smith-Rowe while Chelsea had Lamptey, Guehi, Panzo, Reece James, Conor Gallagher, Billy Gilmour and Hudson-Odoi. Chelsea won 7-1 on aggregate. We've had one from each team here now but neither left too many footprints in the sand.
    I remember that not many from either side involved in our Youth Cup Final back in 1971 made much of a career for themselves. The names you mention suggest that might have changed, but I’m doubtful it has - I wonder how many of the Millwall side that has done so well in the Youth Cup this season will become regular first teamers at Championship level or above?

Noah Ohio is right, I had to do a question on him as soon as I saw that name.