+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building for next season - reality check

Re: Building for next season - reality check

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If Bulut's Contract is extended then we are all going to have to accept (If we haven't already) that the best we can hope for is a more polished version of what we are witnessing now. That means that he's going to have to recruit at least 4 or 5 players who can carry out his system. That's likely to be beyond him and his staff, but in my opinion it's the only option because Bulut isn't going to change the way he plays.

Is it achievable? In my opinion it is. If Bulut can get the defence and midfield tighter, almost playing as one, which is what he likes, and a 10 in the mould of a more skilful, better vision, eye for goal siopis, with wide players that can make a big impact for 60 minutes, then the system could bring relative success.

I'm not advocating it, i don't want it, and i wont watch it. I have much better things to do with my time at this point in my life, so i do hope that people don't think that i'm supporting bulut or want what he is offering, far from it. I don't take it personally, i don't care enough in all honesty. I'm not going to dig my heels in like some do in order to be proved correct on the internet, something that happens regularly on here and it ruins debate, it gets personal.

So. in short, i do think that there's a possibility of bulut producing a squad that can be affective at this level. It's still possible for team to nullify the opposition at Championship level, and that's a tactic that Bulut likes. With the correct recruitment he may have a chance. Although good luck to thoe of you who want to watch that turgid crap
    How many players has he brought in, out of interest? It's got to be over 10. Isn't that enough to play his system?

It reminds me of when people say we've had an embargo, yes we couldn't spend but other teams were hardly splashing the cash in the name period (teams relative to us not the relegated teams and ones with parachute payments) it seems to be another ready made excuse people throw out.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    I'm struggling to think who I would keep next season. Personally, I wouldn't pay anything over £1m for any of our loan players. That probably rules all of them out. I might stretch to £1.5m for Philips. In terms of Bulut's permanent signings: I would sell Siopis, he is just too weak, he was embarrassingly out-muscled by Philogene today and his passing is shocking. I'm seeing no evidence that Turnbull is cut-out for the championship. If we can get our money back i would sell. I would keep Goutas and Horvarth. That leaves Ramsey {unless he retires}, Colwill, Ralls, Wintle {TBH I would sell him if we could}, Tanner, Romeo, NG, O'Dowda, McGuiness, Alnwick and our youngsters and loanees. With the exception of Goutas and Horvarth they are not Bulut's players. So, i would let Bulut go and get someone who knows what is needed for the Championship.
    I'd pay for Phillips and Bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd pay for Phillips and Bowler.
    I'd pay for Bowler too...

... his taxi home!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    I'm struggling to think who I would keep next season. Personally, I wouldn't pay anything over £1m for any of our loan players. That probably rules all of them out. I might stretch to £1.5m for Philips. In terms of Bulut's permanent signings: I would sell Siopis, he is just too weak, he was embarrassingly out-muscled by Philogene today and his passing is shocking. I'm seeing no evidence that Turnbull is cut-out for the championship. If we can get our money back i would sell. I would keep Goutas and Horvarth. That leaves Ramsey {unless he retires}, Colwill, Ralls, Wintle {TBH I would sell him if we could}, Tanner, Romeo, NG, O'Dowda, McGuiness, Alnwick and our youngsters and loanees. With the exception of Goutas and Horvarth they are not Bulut's players. So, i would let Bulut go and get someone who knows what is needed for the Championship.
    I'd agree with nearly all of this, but would also keep Etete (he's under contract) as a back up option. He's big, strong but raw.

Hopefully, King and Davies (x2) will also be added to the squad on their return from loan.

I wouldn't be dissapointed to see Romeo leave, but he does offer experienced cover at right back.

I think Bowler could be good in the right system and style but we have 3 other left wingers in the squad already.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We need new ownership. We have two options currently, carry on with this manager or bring another one in, it’s a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea. Bulut’s going to bore everyone rigid again if he stays and Tan’ll make another crap choice of manager if he goes
    This is the dilemma that we have. I really don't like Bulut; his style of play, his obsession with older players or the blame culture he fosters. But do we trust the numpties who run our club to replace him with better?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I'd agree with nearly all of this, but would also keep Etete (he's under contract) as a back up option. He's big, strong but raw.

Hopefully, King and Davies (x2) will also be added to the squad on their return from loan.

I wouldn't be dissapointed to see Romeo leave, but he does offer experienced cover at right back.

I think Bowler could be good in the right system and style but we have 3 other left wingers in the squad already.
    Sorry, but where did you get the idea that Etete is strong?