Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Surely even Warnock wouldn't have had us launching a Hail Mary from there with half an hour left? Maybe he would.

I'll put this Academy clip up for anyone who's interested. As a bit of context, we've just thrown away a two goal lead against top of the table Bristol City and the game is now in injury time. We win a free kick about 10 yards nearer to goal than yesterday's. Twose has got players ahead of him here or he can wait for the centre-halves to come up so he can 'get it in there'. He does neither. He rolls it backwards, and towards the touchline, to a centre-half. Fifteen seconds later the ball is in the net (at the right end though).

I'm always wary of comparing Academy games to the Championship but I think it's ok here. Probably things Bristol could've done better just as I'm sure there are things we could've done better for Hull's second yesterday. Obviously, the issue is why we can't produce build-ups like this at first team level.

The goal comes at around 2.43.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_d451qlty
Yes, but if Phillips had picked up the pass from Ralls he would have played it back to the keeper who would have kicked it up the field where it would have been picked up by Hull and led to an attack or it would have gone out for a Hull throw in.