Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
If my car had more seats it would be a bus you mean?

How anybody can suggest the football is worse this year than last year under 3 different managers, really needs to give their head a wobble lol.

6th highest wage bill is yet to be proved, and I do enjoy you using at every opportunity though. Agree we must be close (given the premier league season, parachute etc) but i would say its lower, not much. 3 that came down, West Brom (nearly went pop, wage bill sighted as biggest issue), Hull bringing in guys we could only dream of, Boro, Norwich, Watford, Stoke (89 players on their books!). Still, even if we are 6th, when the dust settles we might be only slightly underachieving if we finish between 8 and 11, equally given where we finished last season, thing going in the right direction wouldn't you agree?

The luckiest thing about our wage budget is that Bowler and Grant (north of 20k a week that they are trousering off us, if to believed) will be gone next season, Ramsey will retire. The biggest issue at Cardiff is not the wage budget, we literally have zero sellable assets, who is going to buy any off our players, the 2 Greeks, NG, McCGuinness....? If we are to survive financially we need to be paying 4k a week, imagine that!

Finally, to answer to Bob's question, that's football folks!
The 6th highest wage bill is a direct quote from our chairman. He is the one putting it out there.

And yes of course you can say ifs and buts do the question was how have we improved? I'm saying we haven't. We have however got those 12 points Eric says from the last minutes of games. Take those away and we are probably bang on where we were this time last season if not lower.

Now obviously I'm not saying we should lose those points or this team don't deserve them. Of course they do.

But asking the difference and how we have improved- that's my belief- we have improved on set pieces and late goals. Everything else is as shit or worse.