Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
What is Bulut’s brand of football “pro” then? How, apart from blind loyalty, does it fire up supporters and get them looking forward to his team’s next game? Lots of teams play a counter attacking game in which they are happy to give their opponents possession, but there aren’t many that do it in such a dull fashion as a Bulut team.

As to the original question, I think it needs to be borne in mind that it’s almost certainly true to say that some managers who might otherwise be interested in the Cardiff job are put off by the prospect of working for our owner.
I have a guess. Bulut’s slower style is more reminiscient of Southern Med football. Geared to hot climates that is what he is used to. You very rarely see teams from hot countries to play fast non-stop footy. It isn’t sustainable in the heat. They play generally slower only with fast bursts in phases.

If that is fhe style he is used to, and that is his reason, then it may explain why he doesn’t change, if he and his No.2 haven’t coached that way. It may explain it. If true, it shows a lack of research by the club. It is why a better quality analysis of coaches is required.

If I were Cardiff, I would go and get the brains behind Swansea’s person who used to analyse and select coaches pre-US ownership, because that worked for them. They found consistent line of coaches who played a good style and found bargains in the UK and European market on regular basis.

As long as they weren’t die-hard Swansea fans and are open to recruitment at a good fee, if I would Dalman, Choo or Tan I would go and dig into that story.