+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graham Potter

Graham Potter

Turns down Ajax. Hes supposedly on Ratcliffes shortlist of managers to replace Ten Haag in the summer.

Yet some on this forum would have you believe its not beyond the realms of possibility that Potter could replace Bulut at Cardiff.

International

Re: Graham Potter

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Turns down Ajax. Hes supposedly on Ratcliffes shortlist of managers to replace Ten Haag in the summer.

Yet some on this forum would have you believe its not beyond the realms of possibility that Potter could replace Bulut at Cardiff.
    Probably just the overseas bit, and they are in a right mess. I can't see him getting a ManU job no chance Ratcliffe won't get it that wrong, he's somewhere in the middle between Cardiff and ManU, maybe a West Ham or Wolves. I think they are over thinking the Dan Ashworth connection.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Brighton.html

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Probably just the overseas bit, I can't see him getting a ManU job no chance on earth, he's somewhere in the middle between Cardiff and ManU, maybe a West Ham or Wolves.
    West Ham is one of the best jobs outside the so called big 6, especially now they have started doing well in European competition.

I doubt the overseas thing was a factor, he went and made his name in the coaching world starting in the Swedish 4th division and spending 7 years in Sweden.

International

West Ham is one of the best jobs outside the so called big 6, especially now they have started doing well in European competition.

I doubt the overseas thing was a factor, he went and made his name in the coaching world starting in the Swedish 4th division and spending 7 years in Sweden.
    Yes sorry I added they seem to be in a mess also, so maybe wait for a more secure job without having to fight fires.

Moyes is doing a great job, but some fans are longing for the Spurs-type impact from Ange and a nice on-the-eye style of play, crazy I think.

Their fans are a precious lot. Someone tell me what the West Ham way is because since I've been watching football (70's) its always been playing nice football but finishing mid -table.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Their fans are a precious lot. Someone tell me what the West Ham way is because since I've been watching football (70's) its always been playing nice football but finishing mid -table.
    It's probably more to do with them producing so many good footballers over the years.

Liverpool job open in the summer as well, I imagine he'd be on their shortlist, especially now that Alonso seems to be staying at Leverkusen

I'd find it very funny if de Zerbi went to Chelsea and Potter replaced him at Brighton

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

His brother Harry stands more chance

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Liverpool job open in the summer as well, I imagine he'd be on their shortlist, especially now that Alonso seems to be staying at Leverkusen

I'd find it very funny if de Zerbi went to Chelsea and Potter replaced him at Brighton
    Potter won’t be anywhere near it. Liverpool use data analysis for coach selection as well as players. The requirements of a powerful charisma and a winning pedigree means Potter won’t even hit the shortlist. Although reasons outside of his control, his shambles at Chelsea also means he won’t get close

Amorim of Sporting Lisbon is the clear favourite and it is said a deal may be done within the week, and either announced this week or kept quiet an announced as soon as Sporting win the titlle.

If Amorim rejects Liverpool overtures, then I think Pep Linders may get a short 1-2 year contract to prove himself as he has been taking on more and more alongside Klopp. A 1-2 year contract also positions Liverpool to go for Alonso when he declares himself ready and sufficiently experienced for Liverpool, and is a cheap contractual exit for Liverpool

That is my take.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Did big Sam take them up playing nice football I can’t recall?

I’ve a gut feeling that you’re a decent guy away from this board, and even though you reside in a war torn part of the Principality, you and I would probably get on if we met for a few beers, so I’m gonna just brush off the fact that you’ve acted like a bit of a dick with this thread. 😁

Who on here thinks he could take over from Bulut?

Surprised he would have turned down Ajax, a great club that is having a challenging time but plenty of scope for improvement. Wouldn't do the CV any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Surprised he would have turned down Ajax, a great club that is having a challenging time but plenty of scope for improvement. Wouldn't do the CV any harm.
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ghlight=potter

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve a gut feeling that you’re a decent guy away from this board, and even though you reside in a war torn part of the Principality, you and I would probably get on if we met for a few beers, so I’m gonna just brush off the fact that you’ve acted like a bit of a dick with this thread. ��
    Oh dont be so precious

Ajax < Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ajax < Cardiff
    Ajax < Cif < Flash

I think hes been sounded out for a job already and is confident of being in a job this summer to turn down the Ajax offer - and of course its not going to be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's probably more to do with them producing so many good footballers over the years.
    And how they "won the World Cup".

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think hes been sounded out for a job already and is confident of being in a job this summer to turn down the Ajax offer - and of course its not going to be with us.
    West Ham is the rumour.

It does the CV no good if the job's too much for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It does the CV no good if the job's too much for you.
    Absolute bollox

Didn’t do AVB any harm. Promoted to jobs way above his ability and previous CV and then got 10 years wages for 2/3 years work at Chelsea and Spurs. Landed some decent jobs after that too.

And in championship terms Michael Beale hasn’t done too bad out of being shit and out of his depth.

Absolute bollox

Didn’t do AVB any harm. Promoted to jobs way above his ability and previous CV and then got 10 years wages for 2/3 years work at Chelsea and Spurs. Landed some decent jobs after that too.

And in championship terms Michael Beale hasn’t done too bad out of being shit and out of his depth.
    On the other hand Hudson and Morison's time at Cardiff support the theory

Absolute bollox

I'm talking about Potter. He can't afford to fail again at a big club.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm talking about Potter. He can't afford to fail again at a big club.
    Why not? If he fails at another big club there will still be opportunitys for him below that.

Poch has failed at plenty big clubs but still keeps getting the gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    On the other hand Hudson and Morison's time at Cardiff support the theory
    Neither of those had a reputation to damage to begin with.

Solksjaer didnt do too badly if you want to talk ex Cardiff managers out of their depth.