https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Porter

Re: Tesco profits

Ticks all your trigger points
    Conservative ✅ , Female ✅ , Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I never noted he was a racist anti-Semite before. Is he? What is that based on?

Do you not think he has a problem with tories, women or Jewish people?
    Have you been here long ?

Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I never noted he was a racist anti-Semite before. Is he? What is that based on?
    His psychotic illness

Do you not think he has a problem with tories, women or Jewish people?
    Have you been here long ?
    He has a problem with Conservative voters it seems. That’s his politics and he likes a windup and a joust, no different to me. I am thick skinned enough to ride it off. I can’t see I have noticed he has a problem with women or Jews though. I think that’s a little unfair.

I’d say he is the same as me with women, if he fancies them he’ll say so. I don’t have an issue with him commenting on their baps - normal for a guy. Don’t kid yourselves - women comment on men’s chests, biceps and cocks so I will comment on their face legs and arse. It’s a world of equals so the rules apply both way. They know the score. Those floppy wokies that claim it is “misogynistic” can seriously go and f-uck themselves, as I don’t respect them nor give a shit what they think.

He has a problem with Conservative voters it seems. That’s his politics and he likes a windup and a joust, no different to me. I am thick skinned enough to ride it off. I can’t see I have noticed he has a problem with women or Jews though. I think that’s a little unfair.

I’d say he is the same as me with women, if he fancies them he’ll say so. I don’t have an issue with him commenting on their baps - normal for a guy. Don’t kid yourselves - women comment on men’s chests, biceps and cocks so I will comment on their face legs and arse. It’s a world of equals so the rules apply both way. They know the score. Those floppy wokies that claim it is “misogynistic” can seriously go and f-uck themselves, as I don’t respect them nor give a shit what they think.
    I think the brutal answer is dame Shirley porter is a cttt

The fact she's a woman and Jewish is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think the brutal answer is dame Shirley porter is a cttt

The fact she's a woman and Jewish is irrelevant
    Never heard of her 😂😂😂

Sounds like Ithat thing where if you criticise a Jewish person you are “anti-semitic”. If you criticise a black person for murder it is “racist”. If you then follow that dumb logic then protected classes are immune from being criticised, which is a nonsense.

If they are a c-unt, they are a c-unt, and I agree - just call it out. If she is one, then so be it - if she is Jewish and female, tough titties.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Or impregnated by the AI if it deems them worthy.
    You can call me Al

6488414073_1cb53293df_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    I’m not a fan of Tesco. I don’t like their stores, their meal deals or their clubcards. Shirley Porter’s big council house sell-off for votes still rankles.

However they are making about 3p profit on every £1 of sales. That is not a rip-off or profiteering. Prior to the pandemic most supermarket chains made 2-4% profits on revenue before tax and that had been the case for decades.

Selling food is similar to selling fuel for vehicles. It’s an absolute necessity and if your prices are a bit too high then the consumer will shop elsewhere. That’s why margins are so low compared to, say, tech. Apple, for example, makes annual profits of around $170 billion on sales of $380 billion.
    Do they make 3p on every £1?

For example, if they sell £1 of Heinz beans and £1 of Tesco Value beans and £1 of Tesco brand beans, is it the same 3p for each of them?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    ✔️

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Wait, Delmbox is back?! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Do they make 3p on every £1?

For example, if they sell £1 of Heinz beans and £1 of Tesco Value beans and £1 of Tesco brand beans, is it the same 3p for each of them?
    I know that you’re cleverer than this question makes you appear. You are undoubtedly familiar with the term “loss leader”.

Of course, the 3p in the pound doesn’t apply uniformly across all products and sales. Setting prices on individual products is probably mostly handled by algorithms and AI nowadays. We’ve just been through Easter when lamb prices are slashed. Morrisons sold legs for £7 a kilo, I’d imagine that Sainsburys and Tesco did the same. I popped into Leckwith Asda after visiting the CCS on Ash Wednesday and legs of lamb were £5 a kilo so I grabbed a couple and told my family and friends about it, and a few of them made the most of these insanely cheap prices. Asda must have made a loss on this promotion but they got people through the doors and spending.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    I know that you’re cleverer than this question makes you appear. You are undoubtedly familiar with the term “loss leader”.

Of course, the 3p in the pound doesn’t apply uniformly across all products and sales. Setting prices on individual products is probably mostly handled by algorithms and AI nowadays. We’ve just been through Easter when lamb prices are slashed. Morrisons sold legs for £7 a kilo, I’d imagine that Sainsburys and Tesco did the same. I popped into Leckwith Asda after visiting the CCS on Ash Wednesday and legs of lamb were £5 a kilo so I grabbed a couple and told my family and friends about it, and a few of them made the most of these insanely cheap prices. Asda must have made a loss on this promotion but they got people through the doors and spending.
    I don't know if you needed the little dig at the start of that response. But anyway, I was thinking of an infographic like this one, although I think it's Canadian.

supermarket.jpg

At the end of it, the supermarket makes 3%/3p in the pound. But if the supermarket has a stake in the manufacturer or supplier (vertical integration), or IS the manufacturer and supplier, then they're also making a profit elsewhere along the line.

I wonder how much Greggs make on their 'own brand' juice and crisps. The immediate model that springs to mind is the starbucks one - where 'products' are sold from country to country until they end up in a country with no tax to pay.
    EG Greggs could produce their crisps and juice overseas, where tax is much lower, then sell to Greggs UK at an inflated price. So the profit is made overseas and the UK Greggs just about makes a small amount to pay dividends to any shareholders.

It's for the same reason that most planes are registered on the Isle of man , why tech companies have the HQ in Dublin and why U2 moved their company HQ away from Dublin to Amsterdam - so they can pay less tax - according to what they produce. It used to be zero tax from Artists and musicians in Ireland, when that changed - Bono and Co jumped ship....