+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

I don’t get how anyone can know current wage figures for each player in this season’s Championship when we’re months away from getting the Accounts of the clubs involved in the public domain. Are we really to believe that we’re spending more than £7 million than Hull? However, I’m in agreement with those who say the embargo had only a limited impact on our workin the summers transfer.window and, although I can’t prove it, I firmly believe that the money Bulut had available last summer was enough to have led to a much more attractive style of football, and equally successful in terms of results, than we’ve seen since late October if he was so minded.

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t get how anyone can know current wage figures for each player in this season’s Championship when we’re months away from getting the Accounts of the clubs involved in the public domain. Are we really to believe that we’re spending more than £7 million than Hull? However, I’m in agreement with those who say the embargo had only a limited impact on our workin the summers transfer.window and, although I can’t prove it, I firmly believe that the money Bulut had available last summer was enough to have led to a much more attractive style of football, and equally successful in terms of results, than we’ve seen since late October if he was so minded.
    Exactly. Signing two players on loan last summer that cost their parent clubs £15m and £4m. The EFL really come down hard on us with that embargo.