+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Interesting article re: Wagebill

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...er-southampton

Seems to back up Dalmans assertion that we are top 6 for wagebill.

One in the eye too for Bulut and his cult followers who like to make out we are operating like a Rotherham or Plymouth.

Goes to show what a fantasatic job Mckenna and Robins are doing at Ipswich and Coventry and also playing some terrific stuff, especially Ipswich.

Hes got to be manager of the year Mckenna.

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...er-southampton

Goes to show what a fantasatic job Mckenna and Robins are doing at Ipswich and Coventry and also playing some terrific stuff, especially Ipswich.

Hes got to be manager of the year Mckenna.
    Absolutely.

values are from the capology website, I've seen some on there previously that were highly dubious

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    values are from the capology website, I've seen some on there previously that were highly dubious
    Our own Chairman has also stated that we are top 6 for wagebill but still people want to make out we are the poor relation in the division

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Our own Chairman has also stated that we are top 6 for wagebill but still people want to make out we are the poor relation in the division
    I'm prepared to believe we are upper half in wages easily, 6th is entirely plausible, especially as we were under a transfer embargo so brought in a number of free transfers and loans .

I'm not sure capology is accurate at all though - it has us down as paying nat Phillips £65k a week? does anyone think that's likely?

The wage bill may be high but you would imagine that our ongoing payments regarding historical transfer fees should be lower than many of the teams in our division.

I'm prepared to believe we are upper half in wages easily, 6th is entirely plausible, especially as we were under a transfer embargo so brought in a number of free transfers and loans .

I'm not sure capology is accurate at all though - it has us down as paying nat Phillips £65k a week? does anyone think that's likely?
    No, but if you put together a table headed "clubs most likely to get value for what they spend on players' wages", then we'd be very close to the bottom..

I actually think that loans like this even at an extorniate wage, works far better than a depreciating asset on the books.

If we're 6th, that puts us top of the teams that are not on parachute payments. I can't see it. I'm not saying it's not true, but there's definitely room for doubt. It's not like Siopis and Goutas are star players.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If we're 6th, that puts us top of the teams that are not on parachute payments. I can't see it. I'm not saying it's not true, but there's definitely room for doubt. It's not like Siopis and Goutas are star players.
    the site has us paying the full whack of Nat Phillips wage, even though he's only here for 5 months, you can probably knock a couple of million off the total for him alone (unless we got completely screwed over on that deal)

I was actually going to post last night about player wages.

I've heard Swansea have recently agreed £16k a week for a contract from their youth setup. Compare that to LRZ who was only making about 5k at his best in rugby which is in dire straits financially does make me worry.

Clubs are stuck between a rock and a hard place, either risking losing a future star or paying wages that will inevitably cripple them so when I hear a kid is getting £16k a week (if true) £50k for Ramsey doesn't seem too farfetched.

However the article is from October and is based on estimates and when you look at actual accounts on companies house, for 2023, we were only at 14,227,000 then.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...283af1e417cbcf

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I've heard Swansea have recently agreed £16k a week for a contract from their youth setup. Compare that to LRZ who was only making about 5k at his best in rugby which is in dire straits financially does make me worry.

Clubs are stuck between a rock and a hard place, either risking losing a future star or paying wages that will inevitably cripple them so when I hear a kid is getting £16k a week (if true) £50k for Ramsey doesn't seem too farfetched.

However the article is from October and is based on estimates and when you look at actual accounts on companies house, for 2023, we were only at 14,227,000 then.

16k a week for an academy player is ridiculous for the championship, that's basically a top championship player salary range. some clubs don't have anyone on that much

Take out Aaron Ramsey and that's got to knock down the wage bill quite considerably

Robinson is on a good whack too

16k a week for an academy player is ridiculous for the championship, that's basically a top championship player salary range. some clubs don't have anyone on that much
    I don’t think 16k a week has been a “top championship player salary” for a while now.

Wolves had someone on 100k a week when they went up and that was nearly 7 years ago.

Whilst that is no doubt an exceptional outlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if top end championship players are in the 30k-50k a week range.

Did I hear right today that Leeds owe £190 million in transfer fees at this time? How can that be right, basically they’ve bought a whole team but not paid for anyone yet? Great gamble for promotion, but if it’s doable why don’t we all do it?

The idea we're paying 50k for Ramsey is extremely far fetched, as is the idea Swansea are paying an academy player 16k a week. Most of their first team aren't even on that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Take out Aaron Ramsey and that's got to knock down the wage bill quite considerably

Robinson is on a good whack too
    Let’s just take everyone out and then we will have a zero wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I reckon we're probably around about that. You have the relegated teams and then I imagine West Brom and Norwich above us, I'd assume we spend less than Boro and Hull as well. Beyond that I imagine the differences aren't that massive until you get to the newly promoted clubs

We paid £22 million in wages the season before according to https://swissramble.substack.com/p/c...r%20impairment.

The majority of our wages are on players that Bulut didn't bring in. We won't be paying £65k a week for Phillips and I expect we will be having a big clear out this Summer.

Has a single Cardiff fan said we're like Rotherham when it comes to finances? The OP is talking nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I don’t think 16k a week has been a “top championship player salary” for a while now.

Wolves had someone on 100k a week when they went up and that was nearly 7 years ago.

Whilst that is no doubt an exceptional outlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if top end championship players are in the 30k-50k a week range.
    I know for a fact that a middling championship team had to push the boat out a couple of seasons ago to prevent their best 2 players leaving on a free, and they increased their highest salary to 17.5k to keep them.

outside the parachute payment clubs 16k is still a high wage for the championship

£50k for Ramsey doesn't seem too farfetched.
    he isnt on anywhere near that if what ive been told is true, not even close

I still don’t believe it but I think most of us knew the wages would shoot up while under the embargo, the flip side I’ve seen an article saying we are one of the best for points v transfer fee over the season. As usual truth somewhere in between.

here you go 2b2bdoo

Thanks, yeah that’s what I seen. I don’t think either article paint a fair reflection tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    here you go 2b2bdoo

Thats a fascinating analysis. I'm a bit pissed without my specs but if I read that right based on cost per victory us and QPR should be promoted and the Owls should win the play-offs.

I'd like to see the one for PL. Luton would've walked it.no doubt.