Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
I didn't see the game today but I get what you are saying.
We seem to be doing this a lot recently.

You are right that the sole reason playing out from the keeper is to stretch the game, drawing out the opposition in order to create space for the midfield and forwards.

For this to work there has to be movement, speed of thought and of course players to pick a pass.
We see no movement and therefore the midfield slow it down and either go sideways or backwards.

Perhaps the fact that there is no decent movement from our attackers is because they know that they will not get the ball due to their teammates not having the quality to provide for them.
We have very little attacking quality.
I think that Bulut has identified this and his negative tactics since the early part of the season have ensued.

What I think people find frustrating is the fact that we keep doing as you say going sideways and backwards.

Bulut should be either bollocking his attacking players for not showing, or ditching the pissing about at the back.
Teams put a high press on us because they know we aren't comfortable playing that way.
Agreed.

And yet there were many times, certainly in the first half, when our defenders could have played the ball into Colwill’s feet and yet chose not to, and played sideways or backwards instead.

Why?

And the second half was even worse.